Risk Adjustment Business Planning and Execution Consultant
Work Remotely from Oregon, Washington, Idaho or Utah
Primary Job Purpose
Partners with Cambia leaders to facilitate planning, development, execution and tracking of business strategies and initiatives to ensure results are achieved across one or more markets, lines of business and/or major functional areas. May lead various strategic projects, facilitate cross functional meetings, external partner meetings and support various workstreams within assigned projects. Utilize business knowledge and subject matter expertise to represent leadership in a variety of cross-organization forums. The senior level leverages their strategic and business planning and process improvement expertise to help guide and shape the activities and outcomes listed above.
General Functions and Outcomes
Additional General Functions and Outcomes for Senior level
- Manages and provides oversight and leadership in execution of strategic initiatives.
- Accountable for tracking and managing performance and results of cross functional business projects. Skilled in the identification and assessment of planning process risk factors.
- Uses strong knowledge of Cambia strategies and initiatives to represent senior leadership in various forums.
- Helps develop and communicate organizational objectives to cross functional project teams. Ensures objectives remain consistent with the overall business strategy. Tracks activities and ensures alignment to objectives, ensuring results are achieved on schedule, within budget, and according to defined scope.
- May provide support by preparing strategic documents and presentations for all levels of leadership.
- Identifies critical project risks and issues and drives issue resolution; appropriately escalates issues to senior leadership or key stakeholders. Raises awareness regarding critical project dependencies and ensures that all requirements are communicated to relevant work streams and business partners.
- May provide direction and support to cross functional team members.
- Uses deep business expertise to drive alignment and execution of activities in line with project or business objectives
- Facilitates prioritization, alignment and scope control conversations and decisions with leadership.
- Leads problem identification and resolution, and program development by researching, assessing, and analyzing issues, and providing recommendations.
- Defines information flow and workflow to clarify/improve process efficiency. Analyzes and recommends improvements to core and support processes, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals.
- Provides strategic viewpoint and recommends long-term roadmap for improving areas of opportunity
- May help manage strategic partner relationships, processes, and projects in partnership with senior leaders, as needed.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Senior level
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with all levels of the organization, including the ability to resolve complex issues, build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders, and effectively lead and engage internal teams in the fulfillment of defined roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic planning with the ability to lead small to medium scale planning and strategy sessions.
- Demonstrated competency in resource and project management: budgeting, organizing work, providing leadership to staff, establishing measures for success, and managing to deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, tracking, and managing business initiatives / programs and leading change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and maximize efficiency opportunities and assist with measurements to determine operational outcomes.
- Ability to coordinate initiatives and bring people together across multiple locations, lines of businesses, and functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills; demonstrated ability to think about business problems in new ways and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including ability to facilitate virtual and in person meetings with ease.
- A proven team player with the ability to partner, maintain and develop relationships and to influence decision making.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Able to lead, manage and influence cross functional project teams effectively and without direct management authority
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning and has a significant analytical ability including demonstrated experience leading and facilitating planning and strategy sessions with executive leadership.
- Experience leveraging industry standard methodologies in the areas of Business Architecture, Business Process Management, Continuous Improvement, Business Process Outsourcing and/or Change Management.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of modeling techniques to capture process, business rules, requirements, information flow, etc. Examples include BPMN process models, use cases, class diagrams, state diagrams, fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Proven results developing, analyzing, and implementing business service and business process performance improvements (speed, cost, and quality).
- Ability to envision future state business services/processes and to construct roadmaps representing evolution from current to future state
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation abilities with peers, partners, and all levels of leadership.
The Business Planning & Execution Consultant would have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field and 5+ years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience
The Business Planning & Execution Consultant Senior would have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field and 8+ years of related work experience, including 3-5+ years of experience working directly with senior management to execute strategic initiatives, or equivalent plus demonstrated leadership experience or a combination of education and experience.Work Environment
Work primarily performed in an office environment.
May be required to work outside of normal hours
The expected hiring range for a Risk Adjustment Business Planning and Execution Consultant is $88,500.00 - $120,500.00 depending on skills, experience, education, and training; relevant licensure / certifications; performance history; and work location. The bonus target for this position is 15%. The current full salary range for this role is $83,500.00 to $136,000.00.
Base pay is just part of the compensation package at Cambia that is supplemented with an exceptional 401(k) match, bonus opportunity and other benefits. In keeping with our Cause and vision, we offer comprehensive well-being programs and benefits, which we periodically update to stay current. Some highlights:
- medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible family members
- annual employer contribution to a health savings account ($1,200 or $2,500 depending on medical coverage, prorated based on hire date)
- paid time off varying by role and tenure in addition to 10 company holidays
- up to a 6% company match on employee 401k contributions, with a potential discretionary contribution based on company performance (no vesting period)
- up to 12 weeks of paid parental time off (eligible day one of employment if within first 12 months following birth or adoption)
- one-time furniture and equipment allowance for employees working from home
- up to $225 in Amazon gift cards for participating in various well-being activities. for a complete list see our External Total Rewards page.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.