MercyOne Dubuque/Dyersville Medical Center promotes excellence in nursing practice and a thriving professional practice environment, as evidenced by our designation as a Magnet Hospital. Consistent with the American Nurses Association's Nursing Social Policy Statement, we support the definition of professional nursing and the essential features of contemporary nursing practice.
The registered nurse at MercyOne is a collaborative member/leader of the healthcare team and is accountable for practicing both the art and science of nursing, delivering care as prescribed by the ANA Standards of Practice & Professional Performance. In addition, registered nurses are accountable to practice in accordance with standards established/endorsed by MercyOne leadership and by external regulators and accreditation agencies. The RN actively promotes MercyOne Nursing and the nursing profession, and supports advancing practice as defined by the MercyOne Nursing Vision Statement and annual Patient Care Services goals. Registered nurses at MercyOne have authority, responsibility and accountability for nursing practice through the formal nursing shared governance structure and are expected to abide by the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred or within 4 years of hire.
• Must be a registered nurse and must hold an active license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa.
• Certification by a nationally recognized nursing organization is preferred and strongly encouraged.
• The registered nurse continuously seeks opportunities to enhance his or her own professional nursing practice. Membership in an appropriate professional nursing organization is recommended.
• Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training is required within 6 months of hire and every 3 years thereafter.
• Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) will be required within 30 days of hire and every 2 years thereafter.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 33 minutes ago
Posted 33 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our