Posted in Education and Training
Location:Howard County General Hospital, Columbia, MD 21044
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Location: 5755 Cedar Lane, Columbia, MD 21044
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift; 8:00am - 4:30pm
The Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse within The Center for Wound Healing is responsible for the provision and coordination of patient care, staff orientation and program development, and quality compliance with regulatory requirements related to pressure injuries for Howard County General Hospital. The Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse coordinates interdisciplinary functions to ensure appropriate clinical interventions, quality assurance and performance improvement activities. As a member of Johns Hopkins Health System, the Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse works collaboratively within the Wound, Ostomy, and Burn Clinical Community to promote unity in policy development, quality of interventions, patient safety and to promote the need for wound and ostomy education throughout the enterprise. The Certified Wound and Ostomy Nurse is dedicated to direct patient care as their primary daily objective and works with The Center for Wound Healing team to ensure inpatient and outpatient care needs are met daily.
1. Five (5) years experience in direct patient care, either inpatient or outpatient with at least two (2) years of wound care experience.
2. Bachelor's Degree required.
3. MS preferred.
4. Two years supervisory experience preferred.
5. Debridement experience preferred, but at least, will pass competency to debride within one (1) year of being in the position.
1. Knowledge of managed care environment is desirable.
2. Broad knowledge of wound care.
3. Adequate written and verbal expression to explain or describe moderately complex information.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with tact and diplomacy with patients and families as well as collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team.
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Maryland.
2. Current WOCN certification.
3. Current CPR certification.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/rn-wound-and-ostomy-ft-days-nursing-howard-county-general-hos-618083-9206d/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f2d228c7114a964d934aaef26dbf081f
*By registering with our site, you agree to our