University Mechanical and Engineering Contractors, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Safety Coordinator for our San Diego, CA location. Backed by the strength and stability that comes with almost a century of customer care and ownership, UMEC adheres to the highest safety standards for its employees and clients. UMEC offers industry-leading building information modeling (BIM) capabilities, design/build services, sustainable solutions, commercial HVAC services, and complex mechanical and industrial system installations. In this position, you will be responsible for implementing safety programs and conducting employee training for our employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: This is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.
- Responsible for implementing safety policies and procedures at job sites and fabrication shop and training all personnel in safety practices
- Document site safety reviews for projects visited
- Lead New Hire Orientation for all employees
- Conduct live training for Competent Persons (Confined Space, Fall Protection, Excavation and Trenching, etc.)
- Keep all documentation up to date
- Ensure all programs and policies are in place and are being followed throughout
- Conduct accident investigations
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce standards
- Develop relationships with client that produce trust
- Lead by example and foster safety through coaching and counseling
- Be available when high-risk activities i.e. crane work, are performed
- Other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS Diploma/Equivalency required
- Understanding of OSHA and Cal-OSHA regulations
- Must be able to handle sensitive related information in a confidential manner
- Experience in Office 365 (Work, Excel, email)
- Interpersonal/relationship skills
- OSHA 500 Certification, or ability to attain certification in 6 months
- 1st Aid/CPR trained
- Work with minimal supervision
- Communicate with Company Loss Control Team
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. UMEC is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.