Job ID: 395820
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Provide support to sales staff by performing various administrative tasks to assure a high level of customer service can be achieved for customers.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform data entry of quotes requested by sales reps in both Material Quote and Construction Assistant
- Organize and manage quotes by projects in quoting information systems
- Obtain haul rates from dispatch to assure uniformity in project quotes
- Populate NBA spreadsheet as need in preparation of NBA review process with sales reps
- Organize and file NBA's for future reference
- Review daily sales tickets not assigned to jobs and identify any errors to minimize billing corrections
- Assist in resolving any invoicing errors with customers
- Make necessary changes to orders including extending orders, modifying quantities and pricing as needed
- Manage the collection of purchase orders from customers and organize and file
- Assist in answering sales calls and following up on new sales leads as they come in
- Assist in planning and coordinating promotional customer events as directed
- Customer service: Assist sales reps, billing, and logistics teams as necessary.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to answer calls after hours and weekends when necessary.
- Proficient in basic paper work, basic record & book keeping.
- Ability to take detailed messages and effectively pass along information.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Actively contribute towards the development of a world class customer service team.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with management and peers.
- The ability to communicate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to maintain organization.
- Ability to be a self-starter, operating under general guidelines.
- Ability to provide and understand detailed information regarding specifications of products.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and under pressure.
- Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school, or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Fine motor X
Repetitive Motion X
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 - 10 lbs X
10 - 25 lbsX
25 - 50 lbsX
50 - 100 lbsX Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet. Exposure to increased noise levels are possible and may require protective equipment.
Exposed to NoiseX
Exposed to High HeatX
Working with Others X
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 14, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Outside Sales, Information Systems, Data Entry, Sales, Technology, Administrative
This job has expired.