Territory Manager- Surgical
Territory covers the Western Region consisting of: CO, WY, MT, NM, AZ, ID, UT, CA, OR, WA, AL, and HI.
Must be located near a major airport within the territory.
Job Function Summary:
The Territory Manager, Surgical is responsible for selling the Surgical Workplaces products consisting of tables, ceilings, lights, and warming cabinets. In addition, they oversee the pre-sales and post-sales product application support of Surgical Workplaces customers and sales representatives in the assigned territory. The position provides customer training on the use and application of the product in the clinical environment.
- Conduct sales calls on the SW products consisting of tables, ceilings, lights, and warming cabinets.
- Create strategic selling business plans for all customer opportunities.
- Track, report and analyze sales opportunities with the Regional Sales Manager on a routine basis.
- Forecasting, monitoring, closing and post-sales support of all territory business.
- Handle clinical and technical, applications, and product support pre- and post- sales.
- Provide customer support and training during the initial clinical application process and post-sales customer support.
- Responsible for coordinating, planning and implementing initial clinical application and customer training on SW products. Utilizing company and regulatory approved materials during all activities.
- Responsible for documenting all sales demos, and clinical support applications and events provided within their assigned areas or projects.
- Support the sales team by providing clinical expertise, assisting with demo equipment, clinical evaluations and supporting evaluation of customer requirements.
- Should have basic understanding of Operation Room (OR) Protocol and Evaluation process in a hospital setting.
- Train on and gain product knowledge of surgical tables, surgical lights and booms/ ceilings, and warming cabinets.
- Explain and articulate the difference in General OR Tables and/or Specialty Tables or accessories including the features and benefits of mobile tables and fixed base tables.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of how Surgical Tables are utilized in different surgical disciplines and safe patient positioning associated with each.
- Provide support for existing customers with follow-up training and accessory products and general consulting on use and application of the equipment. Provide phone-support by answering customer questions as needed.
- Conduct customer seminars, product demonstrations and in-service programs to build customer confidence in purchasing GETINGE Surgical Table Systems.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Technical skills include in-depth understanding and use of products in assigned product segment
- Presentation skills including teaching, presenting and speaking to groups is a must.
- Organizational skills, effective communication skills and telephone skills are critical.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in a highly demanding environment.
- Applicant must be team oriented and capable of self-directed goals based on management direction.
- Intermediate Microsoft skills in Excel, Word and Outlook and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
Experience and Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree, clinical certification relevant to assigned product segment and/or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Experience as a Certified Scrub Technician, Surgical LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) or RN (Registered Nurse) highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years applicable clinical experience and/or medical sales experience relevant to product line, which includes direct selling experience to physicians and hospitals.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- The position requires travel of approximately 75%
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech company.