Domtar Sales Development Program - Sales Representative
The Domtar Sales Development Program is a 9-12 month program designed to provide the experiences needed to build the key skills that will enable an individual to become a successful sales professional within the Commercial organization at Domtar. The current program rotations will focus on developing your knowledge in several critical areas of our business, including but not limited to Sales Service, Mill Operations, Sales Operations or Marketing with the ultimate goal of landing in a field sales position.
Rotations will take place in Fort Mill, SC along with other various Mill assignment locations. Final placement at the end of the program will be determined based on business need, with potential emphasis in the Midwest and Northeast.
Incumbent will be responsible for tactical day-to-day responsibilities and significant project assignments during each rotation as assigned by the host function leader.
- Sales Service includes learning about our products, distribution model, overall supply chain and value proposition
- Commercial Sales includes in-depth developmental exposure to our Sales strategy and territory management.
- Mill Operations are core to our business, with understanding of key processes as our locations are driving our business into the future.
- Sales Operations and Marketing will include focus on forecasting process, service requirements by channel and competitive landscape.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Continuous learner with intellectual curiosity to learn about different areas of the business
- Must be a self-starter and results oriented, with ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required; Masters' Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Preferred 2023 May graduate
- Prior internship in sales or marketing
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrated ability to apply learning in fast-paced business situations
- Must be willing to relocate and travel as required by program to different Domtar sites across the U.S.
Location: Fort Mill, SC with final placement in Midwest or Northeast
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and airlaid nonwovens. With approximately 5,800 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day.
Through our values of agility, caring and innovation, we constantly find better ways to serve our customers, support our employees and strengthen our communities.
Domtar's principal executive office is in Fort Mill, South Carolina and Domtar is part of the Paper Excellence group of companies. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.