This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position.
Location: Austin, Atlanta, Phoenix or Warren, MI
The Database Administrator is responsible for adhering to, leading, implementing & supporting Database Management concepts & practices, Logical Data Models, Database Standards, Tool Standards, Implementation of Database technologies, Support of Database Technologies, etc. A Database Administrator is responsible to have senior level, cross enterprise industry expertise and all of the capabilities required. Additionally, advanced working knowledge of industry standard database architectural patterns, technologies and processes. As a GM Database Administrator, you will possess the capability of working with general direction from a manager or architect in identifying, selecting, implementing and supporting enterprise-wide database standards. A Database Administrator can often act in a leadership capacity or delegated leadership capacity and will mentor and/or peer review junior database administrators.
- Lead, implement, educate peers and partners on Database Standards, Practices & Policies to effect successful implementation & encouraged behaviors from Database management systems
- Understand, Communicate, Develop, Validate & Implement requirements from IT Partners supporting either implementation or support of Database management systems
- Prepare & assist, or lead with analysis to support decision making processes of senior staff or IT partners
- Perform or develop assigned tasks using established procedures, policies and process
- Perform & maintain all documentation supporting effective change control, business continuity & sustainment of Database systems. Validating peer compliance and peer quality as well.
- Develop, communicate and lead implementation of solutions to Database Management problems of substantial scope and high complexity
- Collaborate with peers & IT Partners in execution of assigned duties
- Mentor entry & intermediate level Database talent
- Lead Implementation and support of long term technology strategy
- Accountable for accuracy and validity of solution design and documentation
- Participation in On-Call rotations or Shift work as required by specific role or assignment
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise RDBMS Technologies, architecture, implementation & support
- Advanced Operational capability of Enterprise RDBMS deployments
- Knowledge of at least two IT technology domains including infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, storage technologies, security frameworks and tools.
- Advanced Knowledge with data replication and/or disaster recovery capabilities preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Backup & Recovery techniques and technologies
- Experienced communications and leadership background
- 8 - 10 years of database experience
- Ability to learn new databases/processes quickly
- 2 - 3 years experience working on HANA
- Experience in monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting of SAP HANA systems.
- HANA system administration using SAP HANA Cockpit and HANA Studio.
- Experience in managing users and roles in SAP HANA system.
- Implementing SAP HANA Table management techniques - data compression, table partition, compression techniques, and load/unload table into memory.
- HANA Installation, Data Provisioning, Admin, Modelling.
- Experience with high availability and backup mechanism.
- Implementing SAP HANA Security mechanism, HANA XS Application service, and monitoring of HANA system.
- Integration of SAP HANA into different remote systems. Exposure to different remote access options in HANA system.
- SAP BusinessObjects and HANA integration, Design document, RFPs, and estimation plans.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Computer Science, MIS / CIS, or another STEM-related major preferred
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.