The successful candidate must have the ability to satisfy our clients refinery facility entry protocols to gain access to their regulated facility to perform job-scope activities on-site. The candidate must have general scheduling knowledge of various industry maintenance and turnaround activities associated with the petrochemical industry.
The position will be responsible for performing task walk downs, reviewing work orders, tracking labor hours associated with turnaround tasks, developing work plans, and tracking turnaround timeline activities against schedule.
The Scheduler will need to have working knowledge of Primavera as well as must have the ability to produce reports, statistical analysis, and other data through use of common software programs and databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Conduct field walks to identify and document job requirements as well as to identify specific safety hazards and or safety considerations that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work.
- Works with site leadership team to determine anticipated time-line for each project task, determine the labor needed to complete the tasks, analyze the need for materials and or 3rd party services.
- Serve as key liaison between client, vendors, staff, and field execution teams to discuss and present estimate task details, logistical order of execution phases, and establishing anticipated work schedule.
- Maintains the project schedules in database at determined intervals to ensure jobs are being completed on time and within budget.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate process of schedule updates and progress reports.
- Perform project progress monitoring duties including identifying critical actives or Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and reviewing forecasts with progress achieved to date.
- Analyze the impact and extent of owner and or subcontractor delays; and or adjust estimate based on change orders and job scope modifications.
- Maintain a schedule risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on the schedule, scope and budge of project.
- As directed, may perform other tasks, functions, or project duties not associated with the primary assigned craft to best facilitate operational schedule in correlation with the individual's ability, qualifications, and skill-set to safely and efficiently complete.
As directed, may perform other tasks, functions, or project duties not associated with the primary assigned craft to best facilitate operational schedule in correlation with the individual's ability, qualifications, and skill-set to safely and efficiently complete.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.COMPETENCIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:Continuous Learning
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.Job Knowledge
- Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.Use of Technology
- Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.Design
- Demonstrates attention to detail.Problem Solving
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.Customer Service
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.Communications -
Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.Cooperation
- Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.Oral Communication
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.Teamwork
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Written Communication
- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.Performance Coaching
- Recognizes contributions; encourages training and development.Team Leadership
- Fosters team cooperation; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals.Leadership
- Exhibits confidence in self and others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.Managing People
- Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.; continually works to improve supervisory skills.Quality Management
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.Business Acumen
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.Conflict Resolution
- Encourages open communications; maintains objectivity; keeps emotions under control.Recruitment & Staffing
- Presents positive, realistic view of the organization.Cost Consciousness
- Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.Diversity
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.Ethics
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.Organizational Support
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.Adaptability
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.Achievement Focus
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities.Personal Appearance
- Dresses appropriately for position; keeps self well groomed.Sales Skills
- Maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information.Attendance/Punctuality
- Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.Dependability
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.Initiative
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.Innovation
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.Judgement
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.Planning/Organizing
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.Quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors own work to ensure quality.Quantity
- Completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.Safety and Security
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Shall be willing/able to perform all aspects of the work assigned with a minimum of supervision.
Should have a high school diploma or equivalent;
Preferred: Scheduler 1
, Five (5) years Scheduler 2
, three (3) years of practical or similar experience.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.COMPUTER SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Project Management software; Payroll systems; Order processing systems; Inventory software; Human Resource systems; Development software; Design software; Database software; and Accounting software.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Examples include, but are not limited to: NCCER (craft specialization), documented training in scheduling software such as PrimaveraPHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee may require the use of respiratory protection, depending on the work scope taking place in the environment, which will require successful completion of a pulmonary function test and medical respiratory fit testing for a full-face respirator and a 1/2 face respirator. In addition, Fit for Duty testing and or medical evaluations may be required to confirm an individual's ability to meet job requirements.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is normally working out of an office environment with limited exposure to environmental conditions. Work may take place in congested areas and/or tight restrictive quarters.
The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate.DRESS CODE
The company expects you to dress and groom in accordance with accepted social and business standards related to the turnaround and construction industry. Some of these items includes:
General Code of Conduct
- No profanity or offensive attire maybe displayed while performing work for the company.
- While working on-site, at a minimum, protective safety clothing is required including appropriate construction grade boots, gloves, hardhat, safety glasses, and fire-retardant clothing must be worn as an outer garment.
AltairStrickland expects all of its employees to adhere to high standards of conduct that reflect its core values of Integrity
. AltairStrickland is committed to achieving Zero Injuries.
As a team member of the Company, all members must be personally committed to supporting AltairStrickland as an organization that embodies safety as a core value in all that we do. This requires promoting proactive safety leadership, demonstrating commitment to a positive team culture and reflecting safety as our highest value. The Company's Code of Conduct
(separate document) must be adhered to at all times as well as each employee has a responsibility to report infractions that they may observe or are aware of. The Company maintains Equal Employment Opportunity
standards for all potential new-hires to the organization as well as provides advancement opportunities for all qualified individuals employed with the Company. At no time will Workplace Harassment
be tolerated by any employee of the Company, rather from a manager or supervisor to respective subordinate(s), amongst co-workers, or involving harassment of others outside the organization.
Because these core values are not negotiable, violators may be subject to discipline up to and including discharge regarding any infractions that may affect AltairStrickland or its respective Companies adversely. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.