School of Information Sciences
Adjunct Faculty, Open Rank Positions
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
The School of Information Sciences, the iSchool at Illinois, is home to world-class faculty, top-tier research, and academic programs consistently ranked highly by U.S. News & World Report. Our School advances a human-centered, interdisciplinary approach to the design and management of information systems and services. A leader in online education since 1996, we combine rigorous academics with real-time virtual classroom engagement to give our students the best educational experience possible. Our researchers address the opportunities and challenges of contemporary information technologies, and our graduates are leaders in the information professions.
The School of Information Sciences is accepting applications for adjunct faculty to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in a range of areas supporting MS in Information Management, the MS in Library and Information Science, and the BS in Information Science (launching fall 2020). Courses may be scheduled on campus or online (mostly synchronous) via Moodle and Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Adjunct faculty are sought for upcoming semesters starting spring 2020.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Required Education and Experience:
- MS or PhD in information technology, library and information science, computer science, or a related area
- Expertise in needed curricular areas. These areas may change depending on enrollments. Current areas include:
- Prison Librarianship
- Social Crisis Management
- Database Design and Prototyping
- Data Cleaning
- Data Storytelling
- Data Warehousing
- Social Aspects of Information Technology
- Programming for Information Problems (all levels)
- Databases and Analytical Foundations for Information Problems
- Race, Gender, and Information Technology
- Computers and Culture
- Computing in the Humanities
- Historical Foundations of the Information Society
- Information modeling/ First order logic & reasoning
- Data, Statistical Models, and Information
- Sociotechnical Information Systems
- Metadata in Theory and Practice
- Rare books, archives, and specialized libraries
- Prior relevant teaching or training experience
- Relevant service in professional organizations
For full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of application (including an indication of your expertise in needed curricular areas), resume, and three professional references by September 1, 2020, January 1, 2021, or June 1, 2021. Adjunct faculty positions remain open until they are filled.
Candidates may be offered an affiliate, non-service appointment initially; when teaching need is determined, salary and service will be commensurate with course load.
More about the School of Information Sciences can be found at https://ischool.illinois.edu. To apply, please complete your candidate profile at
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:
School of Information Sciences
School of Information Sciences: Adjunct Faculty Open Rank (125984)
This job has expired.