A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma in Burlington, MA is seeking an Analytical Development Scientist. The Scientist will be responsible for the biophysical and bioanalytical characterization of biological products. In this lab-based position, he/she will work at the bench and be involved with troubleshooting, innovation, process improvement on analytical methods.
Who you are:Minimum requirements
- Perform analyses including but not limited to CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, host cell-DNA (qPCR), HCP, rPA, immunoassay and other biophysical/biochemical methods
- Execute and lead activities of development, implementation, validation, and tech transfer of analytical methods and pre-formulation study for biological molecules of cDMO projects
- Execute and lead characterizations of biological drug substance (DS), development reference standard (DRS)
- Responsible for biophysical characterization of proteins
- Write and review analytical protocols and reports and ensure their timely delivery
- Support upstream and downstream process development
- Be the representative and analytical expert for customer communications
- Manage sub-contracted CRO activities
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related Biotechnical Scientific discipline with 3+ years' experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
What we offer:
- Master's degree with 2+ years' experience or PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related biotechnology field with 1+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Solid and proven theoretical basis and hands-on experience in protein analytical method development and characterization
- Proven track record in biochemical characterization of proteins including analytical and biophysical techniques, such as CE-SDS, SE-HPLC, cIEF, Biacore, host cell-DNA (qPCR), host cell protein, immunoassay, and activity assays
- Ability to critically analyze data using statistical tools and to compile technical reports
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience for troubleshooting of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Knowledge on biotech processes development, and protein purification
- Experience with protein formulation strategies is highly desirable, including DOE
- Results-oriented with ability to work and deliver under pressure in collaborative team
- Customer communication experience
- Work experience in CDMO industry
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218689
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time