A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Continuous Flow Process Development (CFPD) group located at the Milwaukee, WI site has an immediate opening for an R&D Scientist. The CFPD is a rapidly growing program consisting of innovative individuals that are engaged in developing modern process technologies for highly efficient chemical manufacturing. Your role will involve development of new continuous flow processes as well as conversion of existing batch processes to Continuous Flow. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of scientists, engineers and technicians which has enabled the program's elevation to a strategic initiative.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Design and execute experiments with the objective of optimizing chemical processes in a flow setting with an eye towards cost efficiency. All work is to be conducted following Safety and Ergonomic policies established by the company and with the highest regard for quality.
- Maintain accurate documentary records and write reports when necessary.
- Transfer the developed process technology to qualification and/or production groups via established protocol.
- Lead technical projects when necessary and act as a coach-mentor-expert to help junior staff to develop to their fullest potential.
- PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline or Master's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 3+ years' experience in process development or a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years' experience in process development
- Previous post-doctoral training or industrial experience
- Continuous flow experience highly desired
- Mechanical aptitude will be a plus
- Knowledge of chemical synthesis and safe chemical handling
- Knowledge on purification techniques (crystallization, distillation, chromatography)
- Basic knowledge of chemical analysis (GC, mp, HPLC, IR, UV, NMR)
- Display of team spirit, good communication ability and the ability to work independently or with modest supervision
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219621
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time