Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired. This position requires an employee to be onsite monthly.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. To reach this ambitious goal we need to create a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, and forward-thinking engineer to support the Software Defined Vehicle organization and Ultifi within the Mechatronic Platform Design Team. This team supports the definition and implementation of the infrastructure software building blocks of an industry-leading capability to introduce new software applications in vehicles.
This position would be part of the Mechatronics team to Train and Coach our organization in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). In this role, you will provide coaching, guidance and support to executives, Release Train Engineers, Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other Agile transformation stakeholders. You will be expected to lead by example and challenge the status quo to promote an environment and culture of continuous improvement, experimentation and innovation. With your excellent listening skills, facilitation and conflict-resolution skills you will help SDV understand the new roles and work methods required to properly adopt Agile at scale.
The successful candidate will embody GM behaviors and competencies; Be passionate about being part of a newly formed team to shape the processes, tools and methods to provide consistency for the organization; Be an active listener and able actively facilitate meetings and discussions; Be nimble to change as we evolve and adopt scaled agile methodologies in the Software Defined Vehicle Organization.
Additional Job DescriptionBasic Qualifications:
- Communicate organizational vison to adopt Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and define the implementation plan vital to move SDV forward
- Understand challenges of current development process and identify Safe Principles available to resolve inefficiencies
- Lead coaching activities, primarily in SAFe, across various functional areas
- Lead workshops and training sessions to educate individuals on Agile values, principles, and practices, in particular as pertains to SAFe as well as Lean-Agile principles, values and practices
- Coach and mentor Lean business practices, Agile Software Development Methods and Scaled Agile Roles and Responsibilities across multiple functional areas
- Launch Agile Trains and help the Program / ART reduce lead-times and improve predictability Mentor change agents and partners on becoming Lean-Agile champions and developing lasting Agile capabilities
- Be engaged in SAFe community of Practice to look ahead and avoid common pitfalls of large organizational transformation
- Identify, develop and document best practices as part of continuous improvement of our quality management process
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Experience with project or program management
- Proficient at analytical problem-solving skills where problems are unusual and very sophisticated
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills. Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively across the organization including management, leaders and knowledge workers.
- Skilled at resolving interpersonal conflicts and overall helping people communicating effectively
- A proactive and empowering nature that makes others want to follow your lead Strong project management skills and the ability to plan, prioritize work and execute the plan to meet business objectives on time with quality
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Master's degree in a related engineering field
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in Embedded Controls Development
- In depth experience with Scrum/Agile software development process and SCM tools
- High level of interpersonal communication skills both written and oral
- Able to work independently with high degree of initiative
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.