Responsible for receiving product and ensures that aisles/freezers and refrigerators are stocked, labeled, clean and delivered product is packed out, and proper customer service is provided.
* Ensuring proper customer service and works to develop relationships with large customers.
* Supervising and working together with Seafood Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s to assure that shelves are stocked and merchandise is rotated.
* Developing schedules, monitors performance and recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including terminations
* Training employees in job responsibilities and safe operating procedures
* Interviewing candidates and recommends for hires.
* Ensuring that employees are performing the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP audits.
* Reviewing inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
* Ensuring that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
* Supervising and working alongside the Seafood Supervisor (if applicable) and Stocker/s in the receiving of all seafood products and ensures that the proper paperwork is completed.
* Maintaining accurate computer inventory levels by having physical inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
* Maintaining refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance contracts and schedules are followed.
* Supervising the ordering of seafood products from vendors on a regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
* Making sure all the employees in the department can work the equipment such as Toledo scale and Dennison label machine.
* Coordinating that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper block and date tags.
* Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
* Insuring that excess inventory not slotted on floor is stacked in overhead racks in close proximity to where it is sold or stored in freezers/refrigerators.
* Assuring that trash is removed from floor and properly handled.
* Making sure that low stock/out of stock information is communicated to the Inventory Controller after carefully checking the system and rack for product.
* Maintaining that all signage is correct and that the flyers prices are reflected on the product.
* Coordinating proper merchandising of aisles (logical adjacencies, proper holding power, and space allocation) and creatively merchandises and sets up impulse areas for merchandising.
* Performing additional duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
* Performing weekly self audits of the Seafood Department.
Shift start: 6:00AM
Shift length: 9 hours
Must be available all days. Weekends required.
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been supplying independent food businesses with quality products from large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free membership.
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago