Join Our Growing Team!
SECURITY ALARM TECHNICIAN
Interface is seeking an experienced Security Alarm Technician. In this position, you will perform surveys and assist in troubleshooting and maintaining Fire Systems, Burglar Alarms, VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, Video Surveillance Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions. As a Security Alarm Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing, key and PBX systems, security and video surveillance systems, wireless devices, and cable pathways. This will also include installing various electronic components and cables including terminating, testing, labeling, and documenting horizontal, backbone & other cables.
Interface offers a dynamic, performance-oriented work culture with a strong emphasis on collaboration. Our team is driven by a shared passion for sustained excellence and where every member plays a critical role in achieving success.
Interface offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, and much more.
Specific duties for this Security Alarm Technician role include, but are not limited to:
Job Requirements Job Requirements
- Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both commercial and residential.
- Work in the field with the most efficient methods to solve service issues.
- Customer training as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting physical inventory counts.
- Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items according to company policy.
- Install twisted pair, coax, power limited tray, stranded, solid conductor low voltage, single-mode fiber optical, and multi-mode fiber optical cables.
- Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, and network cable runs.
- Dress and route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects and work orders.
- Interface with the end-user and coordinate with vendors for each project.
- Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site level.
The position is full-time and includes rotating 24/7 on-call duties.
We are looking for a self-driven and customer-focused experienced Field Technician who combines excellent leadership and problem-solving skills, with a strong mechanical and technical aptitude to exceed customers' expectations. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously within a highly technical and fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to maintain and portray a positive attitude committed to consistently performing high-quality work.QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED; Vocational/Technical/Business School, strongly preferred.
- Valid driver's license.
- NICET CERTIFICATION IS A PLUS.
- Verifiable field experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Solid comprehension of the terminology about the installation and service of telecom, data, security, and wireless systems.
- Solid Comprehension of the publications about standard telecom, data, security, and wireless systems practices, engineering, and Federal, State, and local safety standards.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to pass applicable state and federal background checks to become a registered security installer.
- Comfortable using small hand tools and power tools.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Physical demands include:
- Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Heavy physical effort.
- Climbing stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts, and rooftops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying loads up and downstairs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Schedule flexibility and willingness to travel overnight
Founded in 1995, Interface helps consumer-facing, multi-location enterprises accelerate digital transformation by delivering next-generation business security, networking, and business intelligence services. By employing the brightest minds in the industry, Interface delivers innovative solutions built using cutting-edge technologies with a focus on superior customer experience. Many of the nation's leading consumer brands across retail, restaurants, financial services, and hospitality industries rely on Interface to thrive and grow.
Interface Security Systems is committed to building a better future by delivering relentless support to our customers, caring for our employees, and giving back to our communities. If you are on a quest to find a meaningful career, Interface is the place where you can make an impact and see how teamwork and our culture of excellence can create great outcomes. Apply today, and see what's possible.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Interface Security Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job has expired.