ICAT are pleased to be able to offer the following position at their Broomfield Office:
Senior Assistant I - Underwriting
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- You will acquire first-hand experience of the inner workings of a Managing General Agency (MGA) and gain specific understanding on how catastrophic modeling influences and supports underwriting, pricing, business planning, capital setting, and risk management processes
- You can expect to make a direct impact on business results by utilizing your analytical skills to enable sound risk selection
- You will be joining an experienced, collaborative team that excels in communication and supports one another's successes and failures with empathy and understanding
- Your career will be supported with a hands-on training and development plan that encourages you to own your career and better yourself by discovering your motivations and unlocking your passions
We will count on you to:
- Top notch medical, dental, vision, employee stock purchase program, and 401(k) match
- A flexible work schedule with competitive compensation including bonus eligibility and vacation days commensurate with experience level
- A collaborative office with a fun room (ping pong, foosball, pinball), amazing views of the Rockies, and company happy hours
What you need to have:
- Profitably underwrite a particular geographic territory with the expectation of promoting new business written premium growth and favorable loss ratios in accordance with the underwriting guidelines, third-party risk modeling services, and personal underwriting authority
- Service the book of business through the full policy lifecycle within service standards
- Build relationships with agency partners and sales representatives to improve risk classification, bind ratios, and sales volume
- Gain an understanding of agency management, product distribution, and claims procedures to enhance growth and underwriting profit
- Create and maintain procedures
- Professionally communicate with agents via phone and email regarding underwriting question, policy servicing, and billing questions
- Mentor and train less experienced team members
- Work cross-functionally with Compliance, Claims, Product, Underwriting and other business units to develop process improvements and product enhancements
- Provide input and feedback to leadership for continuous process improvement.
- Fill in for other team members to ensure business continuity during peak periods and/or when team members are unavailable.
What makes you stand out?
- 1-3 years relevant experience (including internships) with a bachelor's degree preferred.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- High attention to detail, creativity, intellectual curiosity, a desire to communicate, and strong time management skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 3+ years of insurance underwriting experience
- Successful completion of CPCU or other insurance and/or financial designations
- Experience using third-party catastrophe risk modeling services
The National US average range for this role is $44,415.00 - $71,085.00 Annual. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $20 billion and 83,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Victor offers a connected culture of talented, inspired individuals, and a work environment where colleagues can grow and succeed. We value diversity in thought and background and are looking for individuals who are up for the challenge of creating the insurance enterprise of the future. If that's you, join us on our journey-because together, we are all Victors.
Victor Insurance Holdings is the world's largest managing general underwriter with locations in the US, Canada, UK, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, and Australia. It handles more than $2.5 billion USD in premium on behalf of numerous insurance carriers, through a large network of more than 20,000 active insurance agents and brokers. With deep, specialized underwriting expertise, the company provides a wide range of insurance coverage - from specialty property and casualty and professional liability insurance to group and retiree benefits. Victor Insurance is committed to building on 60-plus years of experience to develop products that address risk in new and evolving areas. For more information, visitwww.victorinsurance.com.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.