Posted in Education and Training
Senior Budget Analyst Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for preparation, analysis, and monitoring of the University's budgets.
- With general direction, independent preparation, monitoring, and analysis of all aspects of the University's budget.
- Advises AVP for Budget and Financial Analysis on budget matters including periodic estimates of income and expenditures and analysis factors which drive them, trends in certain budget categories, and analysis of unit compliance or deviation from budget parameters.
- Prepares and performs budget duties related to year end, development of the annual budget, and carry forward analysis.
-Leads state reporting, salary Increment pool, cost analysis and special projects as assigned.
-Operates and maintains spreadsheets and computerized databases.
-Assists various budget units and key departmental users with financial planning as related to operational, staffing and strategic goals in addition to providing customer service and education in assisting departmental users with budget matters.
-Ensures that assigned units comply with all University policies and procedures regarding budget development, maintenance and expenditures.
-Assists AVP for Budget and Financial Analysis in strategic initiatives designed to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
-Participates on University committees and special study groups as assigned.
-Acts as liaison to other departments.
-Serves as a back-up for departmental staff as needed.
-Prepares analyses and reports for university administrators and Board of Trustees
-Provides support to or serve on an Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) or LEAN committees
-Evaluates and/or advises on short and long range planning
-Leads Responsibility Center Management (RCM) projects and/or provides support and/or training to RCM users.
-Other special projects/ duties as assigned.
For consideration as Senior Budget Analyst the candidate must have Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, accounting or related analytical field and 4 years progressive experience.
Preference will be given to persons with experience in college and university budgeting or fund accounting, use of an online general ledger, and advanced skills in spreadsheets, databases, business intelligence software or other SQL query language.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in computing: spreadsheets, database, word processing, presentation graphics and other business applications.
- Capacity for working with large, diverse sets of numerical data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and respond with precision and accuracy to deadlines of short durations.
- A working knowledge of accounting practices and principles with an understanding of fund accounting practices.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, with ability to use them in a fast paced, highly productive environment.
- A commitment to quality, innovation and process improvement with an emphasis on collaborative teamwork and high standards of customer service.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include cover letter, resume and three professional references.
$60,000 - $72,000
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University's diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University's mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University's commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
*By registering with our site, you agree to our