The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is seeking a Senior Cloud Data Engineer in Miami, FL.
As a data engineer, you'll design, implement, and extend core systems that enable data science and data visualization at one of the world's leading investment firms. These systems include data lake, data warehouse, and data pipelines, as well as platform tools that help data scientists and data analysts throughout the firm and our portfolio companies.
Skills & Requirements
• 3+ years of Data Engineering experience in large, complex enterprise environments
• Must possess expertise in data engineering languages (Python strongly preferred, will consider Java, Scala, and SQL)
• Possess experience with full-stack design, development, and operation of core data stack including data lake, data warehouse, and data pipelines
• Possess experience designing and implementing a data mart, a data warehouse, or the back-end database of an application
• Possess experience with data optimization and data cleansing
• Possess strong experience building ETL and data pipelines, especially via code-oriented systems like Spark, Airflow, Luigi, or similar, and with varied data formats
• Cloud-oriented but comfortable with on-premises infrastructure (AWS preferred but not required)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.