Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group U.S., Inc., a leader in State and Local Tax consulting, has an immediate opening in its Personal Property practice for a Senior Personal Property Tax Consultant. Altus serves clients throughout the US and is seeking individuals with property tax and valuation experience. This is an opportunity to join a growing practice at a leadership level with unlimited career opportunities.
This position works out of our Dallas, Texas office, where the culture is open and collaborative, though we will also consider candidates for our offices in Hunt Valley, Maryland; Dallas, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Bellflower, California or working fully remote.
Successful applicants will work in a dynamic team environment emphasizing excellence in client service, practice development, and individual skills development. Job activities and responsibilities may broadly include:
- Work with various levels of the Altus team and client personnel to complete daily and weekly client service activities;
- Analyze client provided fixed asset data using intermediate to advanced Excel or Access functions to identify savings opportunities and prepare tax returns; review for data integrity errors; and compare to prior year data for consistency of content, new assets and missing assets;
- Efficiently and accurately enter, update and analyze data in relevant software system (e.g. OneSource) in order to prepare personal property tax returns or amended filings for a variety of client types. Correspond with clients, assessors, and local taxing authorities;
- Prepare personal property tax returns, prepare related state workpapers, and review workpapers for completeness & accuracy prior to senior staff review;
- Review assessments and tax bills issued. Contact jurisdictions for workpapers on assessments that are higher than expected, review workpapers to determine reason for the variance, document and present findings to senior staff;
- Review property tax software system for completeness and integrity of tax bill and assessment data, review or prepare bill payment batches, correspond with clients for approvals, correspond with assessor/collector contacts to obtain or provide information;
- Supervising day-to-day tasks that ensure successful completion of engagements.
- Reviewing consultant and analyst work product and developing skillset of junior level employees;
- Working with state and local officials and assist with negotiating the settlement of refund claims and appeals;
- Building client relationships and professional networks through regular contact with partners, clients, prospective clients, and state and local tax officials;
- Developing property tax skillset through participation in continuing education events. Participating in practice development by identifying and implementing process improvements, in addition to identifying and capitalizing on market trends.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field preferred, but not required)
- 2-5 years of relevant property tax compliance, consulting, or valuation experience
- Supervision/leadership experience is a plus but not required
- Experience in OneSource or PTMS is a plus but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask while meeting tight, client-driven deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or . (416) 641-9500