Local Unit & Position Description
Are you a leader passionate about decarbonization of the grid? Are you excited to enable grid to reliably accommodate renewable energy, non-wire alternatives, Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) & storage to the electrical grid,? You could support us by managing projects helping our customers achieving these goals.DNV - Energy System's is looking for Senior Engineer - LV/MV Electrical Distribution Studies to join the Power System Advisory (PSA) Department. In this role, you will contribute to a wide range of projects spanning from small to complex related to integration of renewable energy, non-wire alternatives, Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) & storage. In addition to providing technical expertise, a successful candidate must demonstrate excellent project management skills. This candidate should take great pride in delivering top service to our customers. DNV Energy's PSA provides creative, cost effective and practical solutions to stakeholders in the power generation, transmission and distribution systems. The Senior Engineer must demonstrate vision, drive, and be passionate to contribute, grow and expand the PSA business in the Americas.
This position may be based out of our Dallas, TX; Oakland, CA; Austin, TX; Houston, TX or Seattle, WA office. Remote location in the Continental U.S. (excluding Colorado) may be considered for this position.
Tasks May Include
- Execute technical and engineering studies including:
- Unbalanced load flow, contingency analysis and hosting capacity
- Fault analysis, protection & coordination studies
- Flicker analysis
- Volt/VAR optimization,
- Harmonic & power quality
- Non-Wire Alternatives (NWA) evaluation
- Arc flash
- Grounding analysis
- Conduct technical analyses associated with technical industry standards including but not limited to IEEE 1547, IEEE 1366, IEEE 519, National Electric Safety Code (NESC) ANSI C2 standards
- Development and implementation of distribution planning best practices related to
- Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) & storage, distribution automation tools, mitigation plans and propose system improvements
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in distribution planning/DER integration and review the technical reports of project deliverables
- Actively participate (person/remote) in industry stakeholder meetings and stay up to date with assigned market changes in terms of developments and policy changes such as FERC Order 2222
- Assist in preparing responses to Statement of Qualifications (SOQ's), Request for Proposals (RFP's) for new tenders/bids/opportunities
- Manage small to medium size projects according to DNV's project management practices
- Adhere to department's project quality and timeliness procedures
- Establish and maintain sustainable relationships and good communication with team members and external clients
- Contribute to team's research and innovation goals in terms of development of new techniques and/or analytical tools to further the team's performance in terms of efficiency and/or capability improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with extensive knowledge of Electric Power Systems
- Minimum six (6) years with direct work experience in LV/MV Electrical Distribution Studies preferably in a Utility, ISO, Muni, Coop, renewable energy company or consulting environment
- Demonstrable Hands-on experience with at least one of the following distribution analysis software packages: Synergi Electric, CYME DIST
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, business and technical writing.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Opportunities Beyond Business
- Graduate level degree with emphasis on Electric Power Systems
- Eight (8) years of direct work experience in LV/MV Electrical Distribution Studies preferably in a Utility, ISO, Muni, Coop, renewable energy company or consulting environment. 12 years or above may be considered for a Principal Engineer role
- Demonstrable Hands-on experience with distribution analysis software packages such as MILSOFT WINDMIL, SKM, OpenDSS, DIGSILENT and ETAP
- Experience working in utility or consulting environment.
- Advanced and demonstrable level of understanding of various standards and industry practices associated with IEEE 1547, IEEE 1366, IEEE 519, National Electric Safety Code (NESC) ANSI C2 standards
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in distribution planning/DER integration and reviewed the technical reports of project deliverables
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdfPlease visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
This job has expired.