The Sr. Engineer - Process Development is responsible for implementing and improving engineering and manufacturing processes across Kollmorgen. As an individual contributor, the associate will work directly with diverse functional groups inside Kollmorgen to establish project, product, or process specifications. They then translate these specifications into product, process, tooling, or equipment designs and work with internal engineering teams and external suppliers to see projects through to completion. Typical projects may include new product introductions including manufacturing line development and setup, product/process redesign efforts for material or labor cost reduction, and product line transitions or duplications between sites.
- Leads or coordinates the following events or activities: brainstorming, design reviews, FMEAs, development validation plan & report, product or equipment testing, variation identification and reduction.
- Develops detailed specifications for process, equipment, or tooling required to achieve project objectives.
- Designs, prototypes, and implements new processes, tooling, or equipment to meet labor time reduction or yield improvement goals.
- Develops process, equipment and tooling runoff and validation plans. May directly execute runoff plans and tasks related to equipment build, recipe creation or modification required for successful validation.
- Directly supports construction of prototype products for validation of tooling, processes and equipment, or to supply as customer proof-of-concept units.
- Develops and maintains project schedules, identifies and manages on time delivery of critical path items.
- Identifies, partners with, and manages suppliers of tooling and equipment as necessary to achieve project goals.
- Forecasts spending and manages budgets for any Capital Investment Project that may be assigned.
- Coordinates and leads activities and events required to meet Accelerated Product Development tollgate process milestones.
- May prepare project updates for management reviews.
- May serve as a project leader of a cross-functional team including design & analysis engineering, procurement, prototyping, manufacturing & operations, test lab, finance, and marketing.
- Travels to support equipment validation prior to arrival, travel
Must be a US citizen or green card holder to be considered. Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related Engineering field is required.
- Master's degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing support environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a new process or product development environment.
- Skills in project management and coordinating complex projects
- Familiarity with ABS tools, Kaizen (continuous improvement), Lean, Standard Work, mistake-proofing, statistical process control, FMEA, and problem-solving processes.
- Experience in verification and validation of manufacturing processes, including change management.
- Technical drawing interpretation and report writing
- Mechanical design, 3D modelling, 2D detail drawing creation
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to meet project objectives, bias for action
- Results oriented demeanor with use of problem-solving techniques
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.