This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
About the role:
For this software developer role, you are responsible for developing web applications for internal GM employees, Dealers, and Suppliers using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies.
As a senior full stack developer, you will be asked to:
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualification:
- Develop scalable software solutions based on detailed business requirements and supported technology architecture
- Update existing software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem
- Maintain coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and improvements
- Coach new and experienced software developers
- Continuously learn new practices, processes, technologies, and languages
- Perform technology evaluation, prototypes, and design spikes
- Engage to identify and remediate software opportunities related to code quality, security, framework development, and software usability refinement
- Display strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across team
- Model GM behaviors and craft a winning culture
- Minimum 6 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Full Stack Development, including UI, API, and Data layers
- Over 3 years of demonstrated software development experience in one or more HTML, Angular, Flutter, React
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app
- Experience working in an agile environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.