GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a premier GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in innovative technologies such as mobility, telematics, critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after Dec 1, 2021 for this position.
GM Core Networking is looking for a dynamic, experienced information technology (IT) Senior Network Engineer to join our team of network and software developers to help us build out the infrastructure and provide solutions for our end-to-end product ecosystems.
Additional Job DescriptionRequired Qualifications
- Build - Design and implementation of telecommunications distribution systems for building new and enhancing existing infrastructure.
- DOCUMENT - Building/Maintaining/Updating GM Telecom documentation and processes.
- SUPPORT - Leading technical support for operational issues and/or problems. Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving network problems across platforms and towers.
- STAGE AND TEST - Leading and coordinating testing and validating new hardware, software, and procedures for existing technologies, as well as, any newly developed technologies.
- DESIGN - Crafting Telecom production environments. Building simulated test labs to validate design or resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- PLANNING - Planning, implementing, communicating, ensuring budget and timelines are met. Upgrade and Migration activity. Leading capacity planning activities. Communicating and presenting technology plans and status to executive level.
- MENTORING - Teaching and training team members and new hires in support processes, tools, technologies.
- COMMUNICATION - Effectively collaborates and communicates with peers and cross functional teams through appropriate media (written and verbal). Facilitating group discussions.
- Building presentations and presenting at organization level. Interacting with leadership on critical issues and escalations. Structured Cabling Network Engineer
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering or Computer Science, Master's Degree in Engineering is preferred
- Experience working with Cloud/PaaS platforms, Azure Compute, and Enterprise Networking
- Proficiency with web technologies, Web Services (SOAP, REST) and Python
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD) certification
- Solid understanding of network management systems and tools
- Experience with firewalls, load balancers, packet sniffers, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, Authentication
- Experience in developing highly scalable, and high-performance distributed systems, with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Must be an excellent debugger and problem solver driven to possess knowledge and understanding of how things work
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
- Azure, Security, and Cisco certifications preferred
- Experience with software development lifecycle, Object Oriented analysis and design, and test frameworks
- Experience with end-to-end architecture development
- Experience with application and network security polices and designs
- Expertise with WAN technologies including Internet, MPLS, SDWAN, IPSEC
- Experience with WAN routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IGRP, and IS-IS
- Experience with LAN technologies including Cisco ACI and Nexus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.