Seeking a strong Guidewire Software Engineer for AF Group, Billing Center.
- Monitor the lifecycle of systems by being aware of obsolescence and release dates for the product per the System Development Lifecycle.
- Review patch and upgrade information and ensure implementation where appropriate.
- Owns problem management process and ensures resolution to completion, including identifying discrepancies between systems and developing preventative measures for the long term.
- Track issues and errors, documenting resolutions.
- Act as a liaison between the Company and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrate ability to work under stressful situations and display professional demeanor.
- Ensure that documentation is available for both administrators and users.
- Respond to and resolve reported application, data, or tool issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve advanced application issues using appropriate code languages, toolsets, or configuration processes.
- Perform peer reviews for Level I and II Developers on technical design approaches and ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
- Ensure changes follow appropriate release management processes.
- Raise awareness of application, tool and data issues and resolutions with the Customer and appropriate IS personnel.
- Create and review/approved technical design documents and specifications on change requests and assignments within a project while maintaining documentation and abstracts in conformance with standards.
- Maintain knowledge of standards and quality requirements.
- Assist development with analysis and design for new or existing systems.
- Periodically participate in groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities through online resources such as manuals, periodicals and white papers.
- Review program specifications for completeness and conformance to quality standards.
- Periodically prepare reports for review by project leader/system supervisor.
- Works with minimum supervision and exercises sufficient discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed, as appropriate.
- Verify changes by developing unit test plans, test data and scripts. Also perform desk checks and debugging.
- Mentor less experienced Level I and Level II Developers.
- Works with architecture group to set direction of design and development standards. Assists with implementation and execution of those standards. Serves as a project leader to ensure quality deliverables and sound design execution.
- Evaluates user requests for new or modified programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current systems, and computer capabilities.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five years experience within an IT environment which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Knowledge of Test Driven Development preferred. Experience with tools such as PL/SQL Developer and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) preferred. Experience with WCF Technology certifications (BizTalk/.NET/Oracle/SQL Server) preferred. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, necessary software programming practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Ability to design program logic, prepares test data, and test programs.
- Ability to review business requirements and compare to application for possible deviations from customer expectations.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, establishes work flows, and meets necessary deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, report facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Understand the need for, and display, a strong sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Proficiency in Java, .NET or other object-oriented development languages.
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL DDL and DML.
- Experience with development using Oracle Middleware.
- Knowledge of and sound-decision making around the use of enterprise scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Ability to ensure successful automated functional testing across applications.
- Ability to establish expected load test service level agreements (SLA) with technical partners.
- Experience creating test scripts, test harnesses, programs, and/or drivers to run automated functional and performance tests.
- Experience translating test plans and test cases into automated testing functions and load testing scripts using an existing automation framework.
- Must possess strong orientation for both the functional and performance testing aspects
- Java, Visual Basic, or C++ development experience.
- Working knowledge of testing best practices demonstrated through a Software Tester certification such as CTFL, CTAL, CSQE, or CSTE preferred.
Work is performed mainly in an office environment with minimal hazards. Ability to work extended hours as needed. May be exposed to temperatures which may be cooler than a normal office setting. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an -at will- basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.