Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
As the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, Red Lion Controls has been delivering innovative solutions to customers for over forty years. Red Lion offers a compelling opportunity to be at the forefront of being The Industrial Data Company so that companies worldwide can Access, Connect, and Visualize data necessary to drive productivity.
The position of Sr. Hardware Engineering Manager leads a group of engineers and technicians responsible for the design, productization, and sustainment of industrial embedded systems. These include Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems, protocol translators, network devices, and Input / Output (I/O) controllers. This position reports to the Director of Hardware Engineering. We seek a candidate that has the desire to grow his / her career and be technical and inspirational leader to help develop the team and drive innovative technologies into production.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive Red Lion hardware and mechanical design teams in new product development and sustainment activities. Manages hardware and mechanical development programs, including coordination with other cross-functional teams to delivery high quality products within budget.
- Team management including individual and team goal setting, accountability to meeting objectives, and providing growth and development opportunities to team members.
- Contributes to product road maps with extensive coordination with other functional areas, such as Software Development, Production, Quality and Product Management in order to bring new products to market on-time and with high quality.
- Identifies and adopts best practices that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization.
- Considers advancements in technology that can put Red Lion at the forefront of its industry.
- Develops engineering requirements from user or market requirements and designs hardware to meet these.
- Develops, tests, and documents systems to specification and complies with internal and external standards.
- Performs peer reviews of team members' designs, code, and documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Manages a team of 10-15 direct reports
- Responsible for providing ongoing feedback and development to the team and positioning others for growth opportunities both within Red Lion as well as Spectris, our parent company
- Education: BSEE degree or equivalent, MSEE preferred
- 10+ years of hardware engineering team management with end-to-end life cycle processes (Requirements, Prototyping, Design, Testing, Certification and Release)
- 7+ years hands-on hardware design including proficiency with relevant technologies like high-speed microcontroller and graphics controller systems, AC and DC power circuits, analog and digital I/O design, touch-screen displays and network interfaces.
- Work within Industrial Automation industry highly preferred
- Schematic and PCB design experience using Altium design software.
- Experience with hardware engineering test tools such as DSOs, DMM, JTAG debuggers, etc.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of company management, staff, and customers and outside business contacts.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accurate recordkeeping abilities are a must.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
Endorse, support and model the Company's core values of:Be True Own ItAim High
Red Lion Controls provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Red Lion Controls complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job has expired.