EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME) is a Fortune 500 company and a leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services.
A provider of critical infrastructure systems. EMCOR gives life to new structures and sustains life in existing ones by it planning, installing, operating, maintaining, and protecting the sophisticated and dynamic systems that create facility environments. This includes electrical, mechanical, lighting, air conditioning, heating, security, fire protection, and power generation systems--in virtually every sector of the economy and for a diverse range of businesses, organizations and government. EMCOR represents a rare combination of broad reach with local execution, combining the strength of an industry leader with the knowledge and care of 170 locations.
Job Title: -- Senior Internal Auditor
Job Summary: -- Assist Internal Audit and Financial Compliance team with the annual internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance assignments. Perform audit and SOX 404 testing including detail analysis of financial activities, internal controls and operating procedures of over 80 subsidiary operations. Assist external auditors in audits or SOX 404 compliance of company operations. Operate under minimal supervision with review of completed assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Conduct reviews and evaluations of management operations and financial activities to appraise:
- Reliability and integrity of financial and operating information
- Compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations which may have significant impact upon operations
- Controls taken to safeguard assets, including tests of existence and ownership as appropriate
- Assist Audit In-charge on assigned audits and perform the following:
- Planning audit assignment prior to commencement of field work
- Performing field work audit testing and preparation of work papers
- Interviewing individuals to gain an understanding of the area being audited
- Verifying that accounting and results of operations are recorded in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ensuring auditing procedures are performed in compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Testing the system of internal control to ensure it is operating efficiently and effectively
- Identifying, documenting, and notifying the in-charge of audit issues
- Assist Vice President, Compliance in completion of the SOX 404 compliance requirements to include:
- Completing SOX 404 reviews independently
- Performing detailed test of key internal controls
- Drafting report of deficiencies for management
- Maintaining current SOX documentation, including liaise with business unit personnel
- Perform other assignments and special projects as directed by the Vice President, Compliance
- Keep current on GAAP and auditing standards, as well as trends in the construction industry through association with professional organizations and training, as deemed appropriate
- Travel: EMCOR is a dynamic company with worldwide operations. Staff will be involved with audits in foreign and domestic locations. This may range from approximately 35 - 40% travel (primarily domestic).
- B.A. / B.S. (degree in accounting preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years experience required
- CPA or CIA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Solid GAAP understanding and application; experience in construction accounting preferred
- Knowledge of auditing procedures, internal control procedures, and accounting systems
- Strong analytical skills based on a detail oriented focus
- Excellent time management and strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication, and organizational skills
EMCOR Group requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Group is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent. We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled