Job Description - Senior Manager - Actuarial (Property & Casualty)
Location: Chicago, IL (Hybrid)
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting and actuarial services. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC]. Twitter @OliverWyman.
Oliver Wyman's Property and Casualty Practice assists insurance companies, self-insured corporations, government entities and other organizations with all aspects of managing property and casualty insurance exposures. We guide P&C clients on their qualitative and quantification of risk and loss exposures, and offer advice on a range of issues, from external business strategy and internal risk management, to economic capital modeling and new product development.
Oliver Wyman seeks to invest in its people by fostering a safe and inclusive environment that respects and welcomes different perspectives, promotes an ownership culture, provides opportunities for individuals to develop their personal brand, and celebrates successes and rewards performance. At Oliver Wyman, our ambition is to create a sense of belonging for each of our people through our words and actions.We want all our people to be their best selves at work, exercising their right to be included and their duty to include others.We aspire to be positive role models at the individual, corporate and societal level.
Oliver Wyman is searching for a Senior Manager to support our property & casualty actuarial consulting practice. This position requires the candidate to lead routine client engagements with minimal direction or provides guidance and project management to junior project team members in running analysis associated with calculating risk and determining ideal liability/claims reserve for a range of property and casualty risk exposures. This person will review the data analyses that are conducted by junior staff members to ensure actuarial soundness, correct use of models or products, and to assist in the development of junior staff members. The candidate will achieve significant interaction and visibility with Oliver Wyman's clients, which include large corporations, captive insurance companies, public entities, and healthcare providers.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform a wide range of actuarial engagements. Primary focus on loss reserving but additional engagements include pricing/ratemaking, predictive modeling, economic capital modeling, and loyalty rewards programs. Client portfolio will likely include (but not be limited to) large corporations, captives, Insurtech companies, and public entities.
- Manage new and takeover projects with minimal principal involvement, serving as day-to-day project point person and effectively handling client communications
- Review the work of analysts, ensuring technical accuracy and integrity on a wide variety of analyses, templates, and exhibits
- Support training, developing, and mentoring of analysts on project teams to aide in their career growth
- Prepare production of exhibits and written reports to present findings to clients
- Travel and participate in client meetings as required
- Develop and maintain strong relationships for business development activities, including assisting in the preparation of proposals and presentations for prospective clients
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related/equivalent field
- 6+ years of actuarial experience in the property & casualty industry, with a preference for prior actuarial consulting experience
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS) or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in both independent and team settings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superior problem solving and learning abilities
- Organized and capable of working on multiple projects
- R, Python or related program coding experience is highly preferred; an aptitude to learn other software packages as needed
Oliver Wyman provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an Actuarial Study Program and a supportive and flexible work environment. Explore all the benefits offered at US Benefits| Marsh McLennan.
Oliver Wyman is committed to the principles for equal employment opportunity and complies with all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.About Marsh McLennan
Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries. With annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh provides data driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions tocommercial and consumer clients. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and wellbeing for a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter or subscribe to BRINK.
This job has expired.