Join our OXO Team at Helen of Troy as our Senior Manager, Copywriting (hybrid work onsite and from home), and make an immediate impact on our trusted brands. Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day!
At OXO, we're on a quest to make every day better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before - especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this," then you belong here.
We balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword at OXO, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, we like coming to work every day, and think you should, too!
Hybrid Schedule: Our NYC team has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Work Location - 601 W 26th St # 910, New York, NY 10001 (West Chelsea)
What you will be doing:
The Senior Manager of Copywriting is responsible for OXO's verbal expression across the brand journey, which will be read by millions of OXO consumers and prospects across the globe. As an editorial leader for the organization, the Senior Copywriter is responsible for advising and writing on-brand, engaging, outstanding and cohesive messaging across all channels from print to web. You will ensure OXO's extensive portfolio of products is verbally differentiated and articulated at all shopping touchpoints on and offline. This role will adapt the OXO tone for a variety of channels and consumer segments, including messaging streams that are SEO-rich, equity-building and evergreen as well as product focused and time-specific. This role includes the management and development of a full-time copywriter.
Skills needed to be successful in this role:
- Own and amplify brand voice and messaging as a strategic leader with a vision for the organization.
- Evolve OXO's narrative, storytelling, and Tone and Voice Guide (set, but open to evolution) strategy to grow brand awareness and market share, in collaboration with Creative and Marketing Directors.
- Lead messaging across all consumer-facing channels, the OXO brand journey, and media, contributing to strategic and creative development of near- and long-term OXO brand expression.
- Author and delegate copywriting, review all copy holistically to ensure the highest level of consistent, brand-right expression.
- Educate and indoctrinate the broader organization and key brand partners (communications agencies and media partners) on OXO Tone and Voice Guidelines to ensure consistency of and meaningful messaging across touchpoints.
- Conceive OXO content and campaigns in accordance with marketing briefs.
- Review and advise on content across channels, inclusive of but not limited to owned marketing channels: Social media, email, blog, website, video. Brand and retail marketing. Packaging, store displays, tradeshow materials including booth experience and ads.
- Keep abreast of content trends and philosophies, and share with marketing team to enable continued outstanding content and audience engagement.
- Brief international marketers on the OXO voice for adaptation across regions.
- Ensure all copy is completed on time, on brand and with excellence.
- Lead, mentor, and edit full time direct report(s) and identify their growth opportunities.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 7+ years professional experience in copywriting and editorial content creation for consumer brands.
- Bachelor's Degree in Writing or Marketing.
- Writing for consumer packaged goods, channels or retailers.
- Writing SEO-rich copy for direct-to-consumer and e-comm brands.
- Directly lead and mentor full-time copywriters.
- Writing for culinary, kitchen or home category.
- Experience working across print, packaging, web, e-commerce, retail and interactive media.
- Leading brand and editorial writing, from narrative storytelling to day-to-day copy creation and editing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; familiarity with Figma, Acrobat, Smartsheets, Basecamp, Asana.
- Please submit a portfolio of writing samples with application or add a portfolio link to your resume/cover letter.
- Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
In New York City, the standard base pay range for this role is $106,372 - $159,559 annually. This base pay range is specific to New York City and may not be applicable to other locations. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to location, experience, skill level, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.Benefits:
Salary + Bonus,
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Charitable (volunteer) Leave, and Educational Assistance.
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy welcomes people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.