Location: New York, NY 10001
Bonus Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401k Match
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with ~165,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments, campuses, businesses, and industries.
An exciting leadership opportunity is available immediately in our Performance Team in Veolia North America (VNA). Our group is focused on driving efficiency and growth initiatives across all our business units and corporate functions. We achieve this by delivering high-impact performance improvement projects in close collaboration with operations and functional teams and by implementing a company-wide operational excellence program. The key to our success is the combination of strong analytics, a comprehensive approach to performance transformation and regular application of change management principles.
As a member of our team, you will be working on a wide range of operational and technical issues across hazardous waste management, municipal and industrial water utility operations, building energy services, business support functions and more. Senior Managers work side-by-side with our clients and take ownership of the overall project and its end-products, develop practical recommendations, identify potential implementation challenges and track execution progress. Senior Managers are assigned to more than one project at any point in time and also work in close collaboration with senior leadership to execute the Performance Team's mandate.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
The following are specific responsibilities for the role:
- Lead the day-to-day execution of a client project while guiding and developing individual team members.
- Contribute to the analysis, design and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- Conduct efficient and effective analyses to solve complex problems through the use of innovative frameworks.
- Identify major areas of opportunities using tools/techniques such as benchmarks, ride-alongs, interviews and site visits.
- Synthesize information across a variety of sources to drive meaningful insights and make actionable recommendations.
- Establish initiatives and structure work-plans to deliver business impact on high-priority issues in a timely manner.
Education / Experience Background:
- Establish performance measures (both financial and operational), monitor and analyze performance metrics to identify and implement performance-based improvements.
- Manage client team members efficiently and build strong mutual respect even in challenging situations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree with a consistent outstanding academic record.
- Advanced degree or MBA is preferred.
- 10 years of professional experience in a top-tier management consulting firm or company focused on manufacturing/operations improvements.
- Exceptional problem-solving ability with logical reasoning, creative thinking and experience-based judgment to complex challenges.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience in operational excellence methods and approaches (e.g. lean services, large-scale project/program management) with a proven track record of impact generation.
- Understanding of the principles of performance and change management
- Able to communicate complex ideas clearly both in written and verbal formats.
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground and create opportunities for others.
- Demonstrated leadership within or outside a work setting
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring individuals and teams.
- Must possess strong time management skills and have a demonstrated ability to work in both team and independent settings.
- Strong PC skills are essential with high proficiency in MS Office Suite/Google Suite.
- Ability to travel ~50% required
- An analytical person who is open-minded and able to take a non-conventional approach to problem solving where precedent may not exist.
- Intellectual curiosity and drive to succeed.
- Ability to develop rapport and credibility with people at all organizational levels, build strong relationships and create true followership.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and collaborative team setting closely with others but also autonomously with little direction.
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.