Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Pricing Specialist to join the Humanitarian Assistance team. This position may be based at our Headquarters in Silver Spring, Maryland, San Diego, California or 100% remote in the United States. The Senior Pricing Specialist manages cost proposal development, including pricing and budgeting; and participates in business development and donor diversification strategies for the Humanitarian Assistance Department.
As an organization working to advance public health, Global Communities has an obligation to model best practices and to do all we can to protect each other, our partners and the communities where we work. To ensure the continuity and effectiveness of our business operations, Global Communities is adopting a policy to safeguard the health of our visitors, employees, families, and the larger global community from COVID-19. Effective January 3, 2022, all U.S.-based Global Communities employees are required to provide proof of having received full dosage of COVID-19 vaccine that is FDA approved, approved for emergency use authorization, or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with Global Communities, as a condition of employment.
1. Humanitarian Business Development Pricing:
- Under the guidance of the proposal lead, manages the proposal budget process from start to finish ensuring Global Communities and donor (particularly USAID) standards for all assigned proposals.
- Reviews solicitations to develop a thorough understanding of donor cost proposal requirements and to identify possible cost issues and/or questions.
- Actively participates in meetings with HQ and country-based staff throughout the proposal development process and provides cost/pricing input and guidance to develop budgets for concept notes, proposals, and program modifications.
- Manages the development and review of proposal budgets with tight and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Writes complete budget narratives for the assigned proposal.
- Liaises with the Grants and Contracts team to discuss and resolve pricing and budget issues prior to proposal submission.
- Discusses and negotiates budgets with proposal partners as needed.
- Leads the budgeting process with international and local partners.
- Ensures partner budget and budget narratives are consistent with the proposal submission.
2. Reviews donor financial guidelines for new business development opportunities under consideration. Participates in discussions with HA business development leadership and the finance team to develop pricing strategies for non-traditional opportunities.
3. Coordinates with proposal leads and the Office of Grants and Contracts to plan for timely budget review and finalization for proposals in the team's pipeline.
4. Maintains and updates the humanitarian business development team's cost proposal templates and identifies and carries out opportunities for improving the budget development process, including enhancing staff skills and collaboration with program support teams.
5. Contributes to planning and prioritization processes within the humanitarian business development team, including to the annual strategy and workplan.
6. Contributes to donor diversification strategies for the department.
7. Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
POSITION SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promote a culture of excellence, inclusion, learning, support, diversity and innovation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding/knowledge of U.S. Government regulations including CFR226.
- Understanding of the global international development and humanitarian assistance context.
- Ability to use excel to produce proposal budgets accurately and on time.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgement.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and high level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to relate and communicate effectively internationally.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Advanced ability in the use of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of four years of related work experience or a specialized knowledge of their work discipline with a minimum of eight years of related work experience.
- Experience in budgeting, pricing or cost proposal development needed.
- Experience with US government donors and/or non-governmental organizations.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.