A subsidiary of Veolia group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has more than 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
- Executes process engineering deliverables for Industrial Water & Water-Reuse projects according to a set of engineering design criteria utilizing relevant know-how, approved engineering procedures, practices, and standards.
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports, and proposals.
- Takes the initiative to develop high-quality detailed designs of systems with Operations, Business Development leaders and other engineering disciplines.
- Interfaces with suppliers and clients to ensure process and equipment meets process intent, goals and safety criteria.
PRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use (or develop as appropriate) financial decision-making tools and analysis to investigate and recommend actions to address value problems and assess value opportunities in line with business strategy.
- Provide technical leadership on complex issues related to oil and water recovery and reuse opportunities requiring independent and collaborative work, critical analysis and engineering judgment.
- Familiarity with FEL work processes for project management.
- Lead and contribute to developing new business opportunities from conceptual phase through EPC.
- Self motivation and initiative to refine/improve the engineering design efficiency and execution capabilities.
- An ability to work effectively with technical, commercial and operations personnel.
- An ability to provide technical support for business development.
- Understand customers' needs and how projects relate to other multidimensional elements of customers' process goals and that of other interrelated projects.
- Capture innovations and best practices in standards and design techniques that maximize project implementation efficiencies and afford strong value propositions in competitive areas.
- Be able to effectively communicate the information to collaborators in a manner that improves accuracy and efficiency of project executions.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) for industrial water production and reuse projects.
- Identifies SMEs or develops new SME skills to areas that focus on industrial water/wastewater treatment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, innovate solutions to operating issues.
- Mentors, coaches and trains junior staff members
Education / Experience / Background
- A recognized bachelor's degree in chemical/environmental/mechanical engineering or other relevant technical degree from an accredited college or university and minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Advanced degree (MS/MBA) in chemical/environmental or other related engineering or business preferred.
- Experience in design of experiments, as well as execution of bench-scale and field-based pilot studies and technology validations.
Knowledge / Skill / Abilities
- Developing overall plant and unit simulations using and material and energy balances (MEB), using available process simulation programs (WAVE/ROSA), as well as excel for as-needed models.
- Develop block flow diagrams (BFD), process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs).
- Develop utility and chemical demands to define non-labor aspects of OpEx.
- Develop process and functional control descriptions, and provide support with operating procedures and troubleshooting guides.
- Experience supporting Process Safety Management and Process Hazards Analyses (PHA) activities, and designing processes with these safety frameworks in mind.
- Experience with commissioning and start-up of process units, including timely reporting of activities to project stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (REGAGEP), e.g., ISA, API, etc.
- Have excellent organization skills and are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and under deadline pressure.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow instructions and to communicate with staff to understand assignments or seek clarification as necessary.
- Experience managing proposals through commercial closure.
- Experience developing concession design build operate, design build finance operate projects.
- Abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination.
- High level of self-motivation and ability to motivate others.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Strong functional knowledge of water treatment and reuse unit operations sufficient in informing equipment selection and design in equipment purchases, refurbishment, or redeployment, as well as offering on-site support to operations in troubleshooting or debottlenecking. Applicable unit operations or technologies include but are not limited to: clarification, coagulation and flocculation, particle sizing, thermal desorption, ion exchange, membrane filtration, reverse osmosis, centrifugation, dissolved air flotation, biological technologies (MBBR, MBR, SBR, etc).
Required Certification / Licenses / Training
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.