At Fortune Brands Innovations, we believe that our innovation and success are fueled by the passion of our people and the strength of our teams. Together, we work to fulfill dreams of home by aligning around common goals, being agile in the face of change, holding ourselves accountable, and acting with integrity and transparency. We succeed when everyone belongs and strive to build a Home for All where all associates can be their true, authentic selves at work. Learn more about our culture here.
As a Project Manager for our digital/IoT portfolio, you will play a critical role in driving growth and innovation. You will be responsible for overseeing project management activities in the product development area, from executing product plans and platform road maps to driving continuous improvement cost savings plans. Join us in shaping the future of our digital/IoT portfolio and help us bring innovative products to market. This position develops collaborative relationships across Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Industrial Design, and Global Operations, enabling successful project execution. The ideal candidate will have experience in working on digital/IoT initiatives.
* Lead cross-functional business and engineering teams through assigned platform projects from inception to completion
* Utilize the Fortune Brands Product Development Process to develop finished goods architectures that meet business requirements of cost, quality, timing, customer expectations, and applicable standards
* Lead product development and supply chain activities from definition to production, focusing on speed to market, schedule, budget, and product cost.
* Represent Global Product Development with internal and external customers (i.e. Business Units (BU's), Operations, and Suppliers)
* Ensure programs launch on time and meet or exceed the deliverables, and actively manage project expense, capital, and product cost
* Meet the business impact and capital targets at launch (safety, quality, service, cost, growth)
* Collaborate with advanced Concept team, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations Teams to focus on speed to market, platforming actions, and the innovation process
* Oversee and motivate all functional areas during development to meet key deliverables (Engineering, Marketing, Sourcing, Finance, Quality, Advanced Manufacturing, and Manufacturing)
* Monitor timing, quality, technical, and financial risk on assigned projects so that the correct risk mitigation strategy is developed. Be able to elevate and focus management attention when necessary
* Ensure that timely and accurate executive gate reviews and routine reports are conducted on assigned projects
* Perform post-launch reviews on projects to ensure targets have been met and report gaps to planned business profitability
* Remain flexible to changing responsibilities, project prioritization, and workload adjustments
* Manage day to day priorities of critical path resources when necessary to help drive result
* Bachelor's degree is required; an advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Sciences, or Supply Chain is preferred
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience successfully leading projects as well as significant project experience in new product development; proficiency in SAP is preferred
* Experience working in an Agile team structure
* Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel
* Experienced at identifying needs, assigning roles and responsibilities, and leading cross-functional teams to meet project deliverables
* Demonstrated success managing multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to effectively work with teams and suppliers from different cultures and countries
* Demonstrated capital and expense budgeting for large-scale projects and programs, as well as experience with project financial measures and metrics
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and problem-solving as well as interpretation of statistics related to business and engineering models
* Working knowledge of engineering principles - Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Quality Function Development (QFD), Design for Assembly (DFA), and Design for Manufacturing Assembly (DFMA)
* Working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, casting, forging, fabricating, and lead design for manufacturability activities (i.e., gate location, tooling material, cooling system design, etc.)
* Ability to cost product based on planned manufacturing, assembly, and material flow process as well as communicate risk, benefits, and new concepts to senior management in both written and verbal form
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 15% of the time, both domestically and internationally
The salary range for this position is $89,400-$132,770. Actual pay will vary based on qualifications and other factors.
Fortune Brands Innovation (FBIN) is built on industry-leading brands and innovation within our operating segments: water, outdoors and security. We have an impressive track record of strong financial results, market outperformance and growth, which translates into career and professional growth opportunities for associates. Please visit our website at fbin.com to learn more.
*Equal Employment Opportunity*
FBIN is an equal opportunity employer. FBIN evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability/handicap status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
FBIN is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please contact us at FBIN.Recruiting@fbhs.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Posted about 4 hours ago
Santa Clarita, California
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our