•Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.
-This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
About the team:
Our First Mile team is responsible for incubating and delivering on the next generation of ideas. The new organization will work with GM business partners to explore growth opportunities outside of the company's core, existing businesses. Members of our teams include industry-leading engineers, architects, and designers who use a variety of innovative development methodologies and technologies to achieve breakthrough results, drive innovation, and delight customers.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- The First Mile Lead Software Engineer in Test (SDET) will be responsible for developing test automation strategies for First Mile products working closely with product owners and development teams to ensure overall quality by building the right test infrastructure, tools, and lead best practices that enable the absolute best quality products. This team member will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional, and agile environment and will...
- Develop and drive test automation strategy, execution plans, supervise and frequently report on progress
- Ensure automated test cases are continually added to the CICD folders and triggered automatically to increase automation efficiency
- Experience with System-level API testing using custom JSON objects
- Coordinate with automation teams to ensure the team is focused on the right priorities, monitor the quality and efficiency of the work, and provide coaching and mentoring
- Be accountable for meeting automation goals and objectives for the organization and timely escalations if any risks arise
- Build and maintain an automated test infrastructure and automation test harnesses for a multi-platform product that will be used to ensure quality in all aspects of the product
- Perform root cause analysis, technology evaluations, and develop quick prototypes
- Commit to completing well-defined, secure, and elegant work and deliver on their commitments
- Consistently follow the specified software development methodologies
- Establish processes and tool sets to maintain automation scripts and generate regular test reports, contributing ongoing streamlined data to development, design, and planning teams
- Hold oneself and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
- Experience with Agile teams, regularly delivering software with code reviews
- 2 years experience in leading and motivating small size teams of SDETs and providing guidance and removing roadblocks to keep projects and teams on track
- 5+ years of software development experience designing, building, and maintain automation frameworks using a modern programming or scripting language
- Experience in SQL (relational databases), key-value datastores, and document stores
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
- Strong teamwork and leadership focus and the ability to foster collaboration across teams
- Experience using Git version control doing rebases, merges, and handling merge conflicts and
- Knowledge of Test Manager and Azure DevOps
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Experience in Web application automation test development using selenium, TestNG
- Extensive hands on experience using scripting language (Java script)
- Solid knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Hands on experience using API automation tools such as POSTMAN and JMeter
- API Contract verification using tools such as Swagger
- Experience utilizing platform and infrastructure as a service technologies and capabilities and their corresponding services (object store, configuration management, service registries, etc)
- Knowledge of modern programming languages such as (C++, Python, Java).
- Extensive hands on experience using scripting language (Java script).
- Solid knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST).
- Experience in mobile application automation test development (Native iOS and/or Android)
- Work closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.