A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join the Barrier R&D group for CMP slurry development for the semiconductor fabrication industry, in Tempe, AZ.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Conduct research and create high value-added formulated products for semiconductor manufacturing.
- Work on formulation development of the CMP slurry.
- Lead during period of new product introduction and development for customers, support during qualification period.
- Provide technical support to the existing commercialized product.
- Fundamental research in understanding the film surface and interactions between film and slurry.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Participate in external meetings (customers / technical meetings) to promote technical capabilities
- Participate in intellectual property development
- Focus on following safe work practices
- Ph.D. in Chemistry/Polymeror Material Scienceand 1+ years of industrial experience
- Master's Degree in Chemistry/Polymeror Material Scienceand 5+ years of industrial experience
What we offer:
- Experience in design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills that support a diverse team environment
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Technical depth in formulations, surfactants, polymers, colloidal chemistry and electrochemistry
- Hands-on experience with wet chemistry
- Strong technical background in semiconductor industry
- Surface chemistry knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of statistical design of experiments and statistical software
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220340
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time