Senior Research Associate
Requisition Number: 44832
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
The Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) encourages applications for a Senior Research Associate! The Long-wavelength Project within the Quantum Sensors Group in the Quantum Electromagnetics Division on NIST's Physical Measurement Laboratory seeks a researcher to join a multi-person team to develop microwave kinetic inductance detectors and other novel devices for applications at millimeter to far-infrared wavelengths. The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
PREP is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists. The particular group that needs a researcher is the Quantum Sensors Group under the Quantum Electromagnetics Division at NIST.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- Design microwave kinetic inductance detectors and other novel cryogenic devices for astronomical applications, quantum sensing and microwave metrology.
- Perform cryogenic, microwave measurements on microwave kinetic inductance detector arrays and other novel devices.
- Identify and apply for new sources of research funding to advance sensing technology and enable new types of measurements.
- Present results at internal meetings, meetings with external stakeholders, and international scientific conferences.
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to align with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment. What We Can Offer
The salary range for this full-time position is $104,000 - $155,000 annually.
Onboarding/relocation assistance may be available, however, if within a 12-month period you exercise your right to willfully terminate your employment with the University of Colorado, you hereby agree to reimburse the department for your relocation expenses. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
. Be Statements
Be ambitious. Be pioneering. Be Boulder. What We Require
- A PhD in Physics, Astrophysics, Engineering or a related field.
- Three (3) years experience as a Postdoc and three (3) years experience as a Research Associate or equivalent.
- Demonstrated outstanding research in the field of superconducting devices as evidenced by publication record and ability to obtain research funding.
- Strong knowledge of cryogenics, cryogenic sensors and microwave engineering.
- Ability to thrive in a large research collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of non-linear superconductivity to device physics.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
If you are selected as the finalist, your degree will be verified by the CU Boulder Campus Human Resources Department using an approved online vendor. However, if your degree was obtained outside of the United States, please submit a translated version. During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for a reference. We will request the letter of recommendation immediately following your application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled. Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Senior-Research-Associate/44832
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency