Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Scrum Master in Hillsboro, OR.Key Tasks:
- Operates as a team-based servant leader in service to the team's needs
- Ensures the team is practicing Agile principles
- Partners with, coaches, and supports Product Owner in managing the backlog to ensure it is properly prioritized and appropriately sized
- Facilitates all Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, demos)
- Establishes, tracks, and communicates agile metrics (such as team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart) to team, management, and any impacted stakeholders
- Facilitates alignment and assists Product Owner and Delivery Team with making appropriate commitments
- Identifies, removes and/or escalates risks, roadblocks, and cross team dependencies that are unresolvable by the team and interfere with the team's ability to deliver commitments
- Accountable for promoting continuous improvement by coaching the team to use metrics to identify and measure progress
- Participates with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization and cross-scrum collaboration on delivery execution
- Continuously learns new approaches to facilitation, agile best practices and how to improve team dynamics
- Helps the Team to focus on delivery of high quality stories on a predictable, sustainable cadence
- MS/BS degree in IT or related field
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Familiarity or experience with other agile methodologies such as LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming, etc.
- In-depth understanding of Agile Principles and how they're applied in workplace culture
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills within teams and groups
- Experience resolving issues across teams
- Effective communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Sufficient understanding of technology systems and the team's ecosystem to help team overcome roadblocks
- Relevant certification in the field preferred; Examples: Professional Scrum Master (PSM I), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
With a commitment to innovation, this client employs some of the world's top engineers and designers! It was ranked as one of the 'Happiest Companies to Work For' and awarded an 'Employees' Choice Award 2018 Best Place to Work' by Glassdoor. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. If you would like to make a difference globally and locally, apply now.Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.