BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs complex research, design, and software development assignments within a software functional area or product line, and provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional software products. This position performs software design - typically across multiple systems; mentors more-junior members of the team; and talks to users/customers and translates their requests into solutions.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Position is Hybrid to start, will transition to on site in one of the following sites: Sacramento or San Francisco CA, or Raleigh NC, by end of year 2022.
- Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
- Expertise in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
- Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
- Expertise in test-driven development and maintenance, including applying best practices for overall project benefit.
- Experience with AWS is required.
- Experience running production workloads in the cloud is required.
- Experience with Git, CI/CD, and Jenkins is required.
- Experience with REST APIs or GraphQL is required.
- Experience with Docker is required.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or Kubernetes is desired.
- Experience with MySQL is a plus.
- Experience with machine learning and big data processing is a plus.
- Experience with web scraping and document extraction/conversion is a huge plus.
- Advanced knowledge of agile software development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of normalized/dimensional data modeling principles.
- Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
- Knowledge in using and developing applicable toolsets.
- Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications to develop complex system components.
- Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments. Strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various sizes and complexity.
- Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
- Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a broad audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information concisely and effectively to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
- Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications to develop complex system components.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Operate in an agile development environment while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
- Train entry-level software engineers as directed by department management, ensuring they are knowledgeable in critical aspects of their roles.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Provide design input across a product.
- Work directly with customers and end-users.
- Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- All other duties as assigned.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.