The Senior Underwriter administers the underwriting and servicing of new and renewal accounts for agents and producers assigned within the territory in compliance with company underwriting, authority, and pricing standards.
- Write and retain a profitable book of business through solid risk analysis, pricing and servicing. Maintains compliance with state filings and adheres to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines. Operate within written authority grant and makes referrals to Home Office Underwriting as required
- Collaborates closely with territory team. Keep peers and Territory Management informed of all issues and activity.
- In collaboration with Territory Management, develop and implement the territory business plan and share accountability with team in meeting territory goals.
- Train territory staff and clients on underwriting appetite and protocols in conjunction with corporate training guidelines
- Within Home Office authority grant, acts as the referral point for the territory underwriting staff.
- Coach and collaborate with the team to develop, manage and maintain outside client relationships which will include traveling in the territory to meet with agents, producers and nonprofit associations or organizations. Actively plan and participate in industry events as required such as but not limited to agency or association conventions.
- Provides professional, timely and courteous communication and service to external clients and cross departmental staff to successfully resolve issues pertaining to policyholders and territory producers.
- Provides the pertinent information and guidance to support staff required to process coverage requests in accordance with service guidelines.
- Collaborates with territory team on reports and update databases as required.
- Assists in gathering and communicating competitive information.
What We Offer
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years of commercial lines property and casualty experience
- CPCU or CIC designation preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with and expert technical knowledge of commercial casualty, property, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- Ability to make sound contributions to tactical and strategic planning.
- Ability to train, coach and mentor individuals of various backgrounds within area of expertise.
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time within the assigned territory and to the Home Office as required
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.