Job ID: 217397-2912
Location: REMOTE WORK , FL , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-21
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is currently seeking a Server Storage Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- The candidate will support the RITS Program under the Server and Storage team to manage and support enterprise-wide technology infrastructure systems engineering and integration activities with a specific focus on server and storage technologies.
- Working with a Sr engineer, the candidate will provide technical solution for system monitoring, performance analysis, server/storage management, and enterprise troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of operating systems and storage infrastructure, virtualization, DNS/DHCP, system backups, cloud technology, knowledge of multiprocessing, threading, concurrency, distributed systems, load balancing, high availability, and COOP/DR.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and three (5) years of experience; Equivalent experience substituted for degrees must be in Tier II support, Tier III support, and server infrastructure architecture.
- 5+ years of experience engineering and operating large IT infrastructure (supporting at least 15,000 users across more than 100 sites).
- 5+ years of experience performing Enterprise level project implementation and support.
- Some Experience supporting government customers in unsecure and secure environments, familiarity of government operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Some Experience in performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Must have Interim Secret to Start
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
- Microsoft certified engineering Cert/Red Hat Linux is desired
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.