Job Title: Sheet Metal Mechanic
Location: Greenville, SC
Reports to: Project Manager / Field Supervision
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: June 2022
Bahnson Mechanical Systems has utilized its extensive mechanical engineering and construction experience to solve our client's most challenging problems for over 105 years. Based in the southeast, we are a premiere design-build mechanical contractor that serves the industrial, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and mission critical markets.
The Sheet Metal Mechanic position is a critical role for the company. This individual will follow all safety rules and regulations and work as a part of a team daily. The Sheet Metal Mechanic will work under the guidance of a Field Superintendent or Project Manager depending on location of the work assignment, which can be in SC, NC or GA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- Layout sheet metal components (Duct, Hangers, etc)
- Measure and mark dimensions for field installation
- Drill holes for screws, bolts or rivets
- Install sheet metal with supportive framework
- Field fabricate or alter parts to meet site requirements
- Sketch duct fittings
- Maneuver and anchor large sheet metal ducts and parts
- Fasten joints of duct together for a complete heating cooling and ventilation system
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be responsible to enforcing safety rules
- Ability to guide other employees if needed
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- HVAC Sheet metal and installation experience.
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
- OSHA 10 Certifications desired
- Knowledge of the construction industry and documentation.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
- Familiarity Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to travel to field locations as needed.
While working in field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.Notice to prospective employees:
There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.