Westfall Technik is a global holding company which provides innovative plastics manufacturing solutions to the healthcare, consumer package goods and light industrial vertical markets. The site locations, operating within the Westfall Technik enterprise, are internationally aligned with unmatched global reach in the industry. Our proprietary Stacked Integration Model™ enables us to operate leveraging a high degree of specialization, extensive capacities in end-to-end design, production and assembly, and first-class references in high-end manufacturing.
Competitive advantages such as vertical integration, speed-to-market and advanced manufacturing systems allow us to streamline our processes and be a complete solution provider positively impacting our customers' business. We are powered by experienced people with diversified capabilities and specialties. We pride ourselves in developing customized solutions with precision and care. So, while there is complexity to what we do; we simplify the process to deliver a customer experience that is enjoyable and easy; providing a single point of accountability.
This simple phrase captures what Westfall Technik is all about. The statement embodies the company's commitment to total support, complete manufacturing capabilities and its bold approach. It is our internal rallying cry. It is our philosophy. Nothing half-hearted.
Associates (and Customers) can be confident that this mantra drives the organization to be nimble, scalable and comprehensive ----no matter how complex the customers' challenge.
We look forward to having an interesting conversation with you.
Title: Shift Supervisor
Location: Tempe, AZ
Reports to: Production Manager
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Shift Supervisors supervises and coordinates the work of employees who set up and operate machines. Prepares work schedules, assigns work, and oversees the work product. Being a Shift Lead ensures machine function and output is according to specifications. Monitors and evaluates production records and reports findings to management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee all aspects of injection molding parts production throughout the plant.
- Work in conjunction with quality personnel to monitor in-process inspection to ensure that product meets customer specifications.
- Production work will be documented per our procedures with our internal forms.
- Make recommendations to management for any changes to the Work Instructions or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to facilitate continued improvement.
- Ensure that manufacturing areas are clean and orderly and safe from safety hazards.
- Track production yield in order to cut costs by reducing scrap, shortening cycle times and improving efficiency.
- Delegate work instructions and supervise personnel in the Molding Departments and will conduct performance reviews along with Management as necessary with approvals by Management for changes in compensation or employment status.
- Assist the quality department as needed to investigate root cause/solution for Non-Conforming Material and Supplier Corrective Action issues/reports.
- Monitor proper attendance of direct reports.
- Request temporary workers from Management as needed.
- Schedule production personnel for shifts, lunch schedules and breaks to maximize efficiency and meet schedule needs.
- Recommend Disciplinary action to department personnel to Management as needed.
- Assist with labeling and inventory of materials.
- Employee may also be asked to assist other departments if help is needed in those areas.
- Other Duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three to five years of previous supervisory skills preferred in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence and lead people
- Good organizational skills and written and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of plastic injection molding and assembly processes.
- English communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must possess strong problem-solving abilities and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Deliver results and drive improvements; guide the team to keep their commitments, assure delivery on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Display and promote a positive, professional attitude across the organization
- Model an organized, thoughtful manner while demonstrating company values
- Conduct employee performance reviews, work with HR to coach employees, administer disciplinary actions, PIP's, warnings and other employee relations issues
- Proven ability of performing tasks in a professional and safe manner.
- Must have the ability to train.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The ability to stand, walk and hear. The ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The ability to occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. In addition, good hearing is required.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one arm and one leg) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
The work environment is usually within a manufacturing facility with moderate noise level.
Westfall-Technik is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.