Job ID: 321139
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co., A CRH Company, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
The Equipment/Shop Supervisor will be responsible for the maintenance, repairs, and cost accounting on all mobile and stationary equipment. The Equipment Supervisor's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of all mechanics, preventative maintenance personnel, and shop leads at for Central Pre-Mix & Inland Asphalt. Additionally, the Equipment Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and maintaining cost controls and budgets, maintenance of the repair facilities themselves, and the management of labor relations with all maintenance personnel.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Engage in and ensure effective safety culture is in place throughout shop departments with an overall goal of zero incidents and in accordance with OMG policy
- Supervision of all shop personnel, including the parts department, equipment cost accounting, and shop administration
- Administration of work request / work orders of all mobile equipment in a proper, timely, safe, and economical manner.
- Monitor and record fleet availability
- Monitor and record fleet utilization.
- Coordinate with all field personnel and management regarding required equipment maintenance.
- Manage the purchasing system for all equipment, including lubricants, fuel, tires, repair parts, and subcontract repair.
- Manage repair decisions on items which may be subcontracted and communicated with Regional Equipment Manager.
- Manage inventories, including monitoring for leaks in fuel tanks.
- Manage proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials and wastes.
- Manage loss control system for all mobile equipment owned by the holding company to prevent loss or theft. Monitor all mobile equipment for accountability on a temporary assignment or on a permanent transfer.
- Partner with Reginal Equipment Manager to solicit bids and data and make recommendations to management on purchasing decisions.
- Make recommendations to management on timing of equipment replacements based on age, operating costs, and/or utilization.
- Facilitate and manage Capital Expenditure process in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Regional/Divisional Capital processes.
- Become familiar with new and used equipment markets so as to make recommendations to management on purchase and disposal of major equipment.
- Manage computerized record-keeping systems (CMMS) to monitor pertinent maintenance data to aid in determining the most cost-effective trucks, engines, components, tires, or other key repair materials.
- Assure implementation of company employment policies and manage appropriate labor contracts.
- Coordinate, monitor, and approve all purchases per company standards and expectations.
- Organize and implement shop safety meetings and training.
- Train others to this level of expertise.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
Five to ten years of related experience is preferred in the construction industry, or an equivalent of education and experience will be accepted. Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Mathematical Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or Database software. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Standard Drivers License Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Other Qualifications
Ability to pass pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Central Pre-Mix Concrete Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Spokane Job Segment:
Temporary, Manager, Database, Construction, Labor Relations, Contract, Management, Technology, Engineering, Human Resources
This job has expired.