We are looking for a high-performing Software System Architect to support VMEC. As we expand our core software competency in our newly aligned organization, we are placing an increased value on the Software Architecture responsibilities. This includes software requirements, design, construction, testing, maintenance, quality and computing foundations. This role will provide leadership in these areas across the VMEC organization in both a strategic and tactical manor. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working primarily with hand code C and have some experience with auto-code from Simulink models.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Required Skills and Experience:
- Stay up to date on trends in software engineering, quality, architecture, and development processes
- Drive system level analysis for software solutions being developed across the organization
- Drive software architecture discipline and principles into the organization
- Drive software quality improvements through initiatives such as code complexity analysis, software peer reviews, controller resource reductions, etc.
- Review existing software to determine if restructuring is needed to improve quality, maintainability, reusability, or other software improvements
- Work to set standards for models and code within the organization to align with optimum software architecture practices
- Deepen the knowledge of software, software quality, and software architecture within VMEC
- Troubleshoot code to determine design deficiencies and develop solutions to resolve them
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside VMEC, such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Electrical Architecture
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required with minimum 2+ years.
- Proficient in C programming language or equivalent
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Experience with the GM embedded software development tool chain
- Experience with architecture design, controller resource utilization reduction, or training
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.