This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategy:
- This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022
for this position.
Locations: Warren, MI, Atlanta, GA, Chandler, AZ and Austin, TX
In this software development role, you will be responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standardmethodologies. You will have the opportunity to work hands-on writing software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. Additionally, you will drive development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will coach/mentor software developers and will review the software being developed. This role will also work closely with architects and/or data scientists to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
For this role you will expected to have demonstrated success in software project delivery experience in leading technical efforts developing applications using a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and technologies
Additional Job Description
- Demonstrate mastery of many programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Performance tuning, usability assessment/improvement
- Aggressively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues
- Integrate software with existing software/systems
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Strong Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Dedicatedly engage in the remediation of software issues related to code/solutions quality and/or security
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
- Possess technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
- Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
The position is responsible for developing and testing mobile applications using repeatable industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development project methodology. The Software Developer will work hands-on designing and writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers will specialize in mobile development software packaging and coding languages. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new mobile applications to address a specific customer need or to solve a particular business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities including design, coding, testing, certification, documentation and deployment. The Software Developer for Mobility should have a strong eye for Usability especially within Mobile Form Factors. This role will involve a great deal of creativity and initiative. Role Responsibilities:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Minimum 7 years of professional software development experience
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
- Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing mobile applications within the Android OS for devices or tablets.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Java for Android
- Demonstrates strong experience/knowledge of the Android SDK
- Good understanding of software development best practices
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Extensive UI Design experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of different Android platforms
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.