NOTE: This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed.
We are targeting a start date on or after January 10th, 2022 for this position.
About the role:
Thisposition is responsible for developing and testingthe One View of the Customer (OVOC) Event Hubusing repeatable industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development project methodology.This is a new platform being developed at GM that willpurposefully and universally listen to and act on customer behaviors and business activity as it happens. The OVOC platform willstandardize and integrate customer data originating from different sources, utilize a custom-built decisioning engine, and trigger notifications to customers in real-time.
You will have the unique opportunity to build something from ground up.You will be involved in close interaction with the entirecorescrum team, Systems Architect, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliverthis new platform.There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure.
All team members demonstrate GM's Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
Applicants must have strong core Java skillsandexperience delivering Java / JEE Business SolutionsusingAgiledevelopmentmethodology.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field,or,equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Buildpipelines,GitFlow,etc.)
- 2-4yearsexperienceLinux/Unixshell scripting and/or Python.
- 2-4years experiencecreating and running JUnit Tests
- 2-4yearsexperiencewith Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Kafka and Hive
- Familiarity with Pulsar and Akka
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.