NOTE: This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work remotely, but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to live a commutable distance to the innovation center they are selected for. Relocation will be provided as needed.
About the role:
GM's Information Technology team is pursuing a Senior Developer who will build software to manage V2G storage systems. The Senior Developer will be responsible for innovative applications that coordinate EV load management, helping accelerate the effort to achieve a cleaner, safer, and more energy efficient future. GM is currently seeking an individual with experience in V2G application development, including Open Vehicle Grid Integration Platform (OVGIP) standards and smart grid design. You work in a cross-functional team investigating opportunities to maximize core GM battery technology in new growth areas.
Additional Job DescriptionREQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Use OVGIP standards to ensure scalable, reusable solutions.
- Development of innovative product concepts and high-level design for distributed battery resources.
- Development of peer-to-peer (local ecosystem to local ecosystem) communications and energy sharing protocols.
- Partner with internal product owners to evaluate product solutions, build rapid prototypes and assess the effectiveness of minimum viable products.
- Collaborate in a high-velocity, agile team environment to bring innovative solutions to market.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant engineering field required.
- 7+ years (preferred) experience building software solutions addressing demand management.
- Working experience with OVGIP or relevant industry standards.
- Demonstrated high level of skills required.
- Experience with V2X/V2G technologies
- Vehicle network routing and wireless information delivery
- Heterogeneous network technologies
- Data mining for V2X/V2G
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.