We're dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Autonomous Infotainment is a rapidly developing area of automotive engineering. Entertaining passengers in a shared autonomous vehicle with similar technologies that they can experience in their home or on their personal device is a significant challenge. Identifying individuals to own the key software domains that will be key to this new customer experience.
The Domain Lead will own the end to end development and execution of that specific feature domain. Domain leads will work directly with the supplier, Cruise Automation and GM organizations to handle issues. This includes evaluation of feature execution, issue identification and resolution while balancing a mixture of Agile & Waterfall Software Development. Additionally, this role will have the opportunity to develop design alternatives and present these designs to management.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Leads Software PDT meeting with Supplier and align with Cruise Automation on deliverables and expectations.
- Leads resolution of technical issues
- Aligns with Program Manager and Design Release Engineer on deliverables
- Ensure all vehicle program imperatives (timing, functionality, and quality) are met
- Initiating/conducting Software DFMEA
- Supports Change Requests that are submitted in Rational Team Concert (RTC)
- Support Manufacturing & Service Engineering, Product Engineering, and Product Launch
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Ensure read across of best practices and quality of execution
- Ensure that issues are assign software breakpoints with containment.
- Own the specification, development, and implementation of features within this domain
- Build and lead bench level test and development programs to evaluate and calibrate the performance of features within this domain
- BS in Engineering
- 4+ years of applicable experience
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Proficient in vehicle data communication systems (CAN, LVDS, LIN, ETHERNET)
- In-depth knowledge of verification and validation process (component-, bench-, vehicle-level) Solid understanding of embedded software development, testing and associated tools (e.g., DOORS, Rhapsody)
- Familiarity with Agile SW development
- High level of communication skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direction
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to handle an Ambiguous and Dynamic project
- Experience in one or more domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. wireless communication, Navigation, embedded software development, over the air software updates, cybersecurity, client-server solutions, web services, in-vehicle hardware or software development and lifecycle.
- Hands on experience in resolving security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software
- Familiarity with A2B Audio Bus
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices
- DFSS Green Belt Certified or DFSS Black Belt Certified
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.