This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided.
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The software engineer will be a member of the development team supporting GM's $8B/year Global Logistics business. We craft and deliver secure, event-driven, cloud native application functionality which enables business strategy for a Fortune 10 company completing a vision of a world with zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications:
- Deliver innovative solutions to support the inbound logistics and container business, using IoT and telematics integrating with Microservices running on GM's private cloud
- Produce solutions enabling real-time shipment tracking on both web and mobile platforms
- Work on an Agile development team using CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Deliver enterprise code utilizing web analytics, resiliency patterns and fault tolerant design
- Participate in code reviews, software design and refactoring, in collaboration with junior and senior developers
- Hands-on experience using JAVA, REST, microservices, and containers (Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Docker and Kubernetes)
- Must have at least 3+ years' experience building enterprise applications using JAVA (Spring-Boot) and/ or Angular
- Shown experience as a Software Engineer understanding of (e.g. SAFe/Agile, TDD, BDD, etc.)
- Development methodologies (Reusable Code, Code Review, Unit Testing)
- Source control software (Git or Azure DevOps)
- CI/CD Technologies and build pipelines
- Experience in developing automated unit and integration tests
- Experience with applying software development tools and standard methodologies, i.e. Spring, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Jenkins, unit testing, code coverage, secure code analysis, performance tuning, refactoring/code smells, source code management, etc.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in IT industry
- PostgreSQL experience
- Ability to learn new cloud patterns, technologies, and domains quickly
- Experience with NoSQL databases, big data and message brokers like Kafka, Hadoop, Redis and Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with messaging architecture (MQ, Kafka)
- Experience in crafting and implementing applications using frameworks like Axon that implements Domain Driven Design, Event sourcing and CQRS patterns
- Data modeling and database/query tuning expertise
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.