This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
General Motors is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Software Engineers - .Net Development. In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
About the Software Engineers (.Net Development):
As Software Engineers we are responsible for developing software to solve business problems, but will also be creating applications that will have a positive impact within several departments ranging from Pre-Production, General Assembly, Propulsion, to Electric Vehicles. You will work hands-on writing software or solutions based on detail requirements and system specification. In addition, youwill also have the chance to create and contribute to existing CI/CD pipelines, learn about utilizing containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, write code hosted in Cloud platform and design reusable components and microservices. Your skills and knowledge will be further improved by working closely with senior developers, architects and business to contribute to software that interface with GM Plant devices, machines and manage processes on factory floor throughout various sites. All team members demonstrate GM's Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
Applicants must have strong core .Net skills and some additional technical skills and experience:
Additional Job DescriptionMinimum Qualifications:
- Full lifecycle application development using standard design patterns/frameworks
- Must have experience as part of a software project delivery effort
- Demonstrate mastery of several programming languages, tools and/or technologies
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code orsolution/configuration
- Aggressively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience
- Minimum 3 years of full stack software development experience
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrates experience/knowledge of RESTful web services
- 2+ years leveraging Micro services and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- 2+ years utilizing industry standard DB technologies
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.