Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Working as a member of one or more Core Teams or projects teams, this engineer will act as liaison between the marketing/business stakeholders and the various engineering subject matter experts (software, firmware, data, etc.) to firmly define/refine quantifiable and testable requirements and to support integration, verification, and validation activities associated with the commercialization of next generation Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems and components. In addition, they will be expected to use sound and proven systems engineering principles and best practices in order to capture and flow-down product requirements from internal and external stakeholders, quantify product use conditions, manage/define product interfaces, define/resolve/optimize tradeoffs between conflicting requirements, and facilitate communication between functional teams.
This engineer may also at times be asked to collaborate and communicate with company management, operations, marketing, supply chain, quality assurance, alliance partners and other departments and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate business and customer needs into system and subsystem engineering requirements
- Define, resolve, manage, and/or optimize tradeoffs between conflicting requirements
- Define/manage associated interfaces
- Identify, track, and actively reduce technical, project, and business risks
- Generate strategies and plans to support subsystem and system integration testing, verification, and validation
- Independently plan, manage and prioritize tasks/projects, track progress toward overall goals, and provide periodic updates to management
- Appropriately apply technical knowledge and systems engineering tools/methodologies to drive program activities and reduce risk
- Contribute to advancing the systems engineering practice at Dexcom by identifying and implementing best-in-class tools/techniques/methods
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Systems, Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering, or related areas with minimum of 2-5 years related experience or Master's degree and 0-2 years' equivalent experience.
Additional Experience (Strongly Preferred):
Travel Required:Functional Description
- Hands on experience with integrating embedded systems with software and data systems
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Proven ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/uncertainty and a willingness to try new/challenging things
- Knowledge of product lifecycle to provide technical leadership
- Experience with system engineering for combined hardware, software systems and with secure wireless communication
- Ability to communicate (verbal and writing) with engineers, management, marketing, health care professionals and patients
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience with medical devices and working in a regulated industry
Designs a complete and complex framework, system or product. Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility. Conceives system interfaces and business application prototypes. Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses. Influences the shaping of future products by contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple products or systems. Provides multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.Functional/Business Knowledge
- Possesses a high level of theoretical knowledge. Ability to deliver technical ideas that have an impact on the objectives. Understands organizational and functional processes and policies aligned to the technical and business goals.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency. Works on moderately complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Interprets data and draws conclusions regarding results used in presented material.
Experience and Education
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 2-5 years related experience or Masters degree and 0-2 years equivalent experience.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Flex. Based on the nature of your position you will be working onsite approximately 2-3 days per week from collaborative space and hoteling desks at our Dexcom sites. You will need to be located within commuting distance (typically 75 miles/120km) of your assigned Dexcom site.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.